• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surfrat's e6400 on P5W DH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
Ok got everyhting up and running.

Asus P5W-DH
E6400
HIS X1900XT

I am currently at 400FSB and temps are 29c idol. I am tryin to figure out how to get a score in PCMark05. It runs all the tests and then says to "System Suite must be selected and run to obtain a PCMark score". Any ideas?

Super PI is 18seconds.

Screenshots to come.

Just an update, I found the fixed .dll file for pcmark and it is running perfectly now. Will post score when done as well as screen shots.

Vcore is 1.35
Vdimm is Auto
Hyperpath3 is Disabled
Temp during PCmark05 = 32c

All other Bios settings are stock at this point.

Last edited:
I would like to mention one quirk I am having with my setup. This happens at stock settings also.

When rebooting, I sometimes get like a messed up display and it will hang, and cause me to reboot again. It also is sometimes showing no video at all, and staying a blank screen until windows starts. Then everyhting is fine. If I completely power off, and then restart, I avoid these two problems. Anyone experience anyhting like this before?

Another question I have is are your guys leaving your PCI-E settings on auto, or setting them to 100/33.3?

Last edited:
Nice to see you up and running surfrat. Yes set pci-e to 100/33. Did you turn up the NB voltage?

Oh anyone know a fix for the damn sata drive not recognizing sometimes on reboots? Its aggravating..

I had the exact same problem with my Asus P5WD2-Premium.

Last edited:
hyperasus said:
Nice to see you up and running surfrat. Yes set pci-e to 100/33. Did you turn up the NB voltage?

Yea I hadn't raised the MCH voltage yet, but the computer froze running test 10 on pcmark05. So I just raised MCH to 1.55 and am trying again.

Ok the MCH to 1.55 did the trick.

PCMark05 = 8047

Screenshots coming now I promise :)

Last edited:
CPU-Z & Temps

cpuz-400fsb.JPG

SPI

superpi-400fsb.JPG

PCMark05

pcmark05-400fsb.JPG

What fixed dll file surf? That might explain some things for me ;)

Ross said:
What fixed dll file surf? That might explain some things for me ;)

its a small dll file called: direcpll.dll

It goes in your /windows/system32/Futuremark/MSC folder.

Ill be happy to email it or send it via im. I can't for the life of me remember where i orignally downloaded it hehehe.

3DMark05

3dmark05-400fsb.JPG

Now keep in mind I have not touched the video card yet. So i expect some of these video related scores to go up when I get time to mess with that.

Ok last post for the night. I am priming now and will elt it run over night. So far 20 minutes ina nd no issues. Using Orthos by the way. If it can do 12hrs duel prime then ill push it some more tomorrow!

So far I am extremely pleased with the results.

Surfrat said:
Ok seems to be completely stable. 8 plus hours prime stable.

prime8hrs.JPG

ahh 3.2GHz is a good feeling. That is exactly where I run mine. What voltage in bios are you running.

Mine took 1.385 bios to get stable.

RangerXLT8 said:
ahh 3.2GHz is a good feeling. That is exactly where I run mine. What voltage in bios are you running.

Mine took 1.385 bios to get stable.

I am at 1.375. With 32c idol temps and during prime it got to 39c. These conroes are damn awesome on heat.

On a side note PCMark05 ran and completed at 1.35, but when I think it was borederline cause when I bumped up to 1.375 it increased my score by 100. So this seems to be the sweet spot.

Looks like yours is pretty similar to mine. I have a 7900GT so I think your 3dmark will beat me, but my aqua is a little higher. Here are a few of mine...

c2d_5.JPG

aqua_1.JPG

-Collin-

Back