• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400 X2 Toledo "89" watts. How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
iLLestOne said:
I raised the vcore last night (and dropped HTT multi to 3, had it at 4 which made my htt 1120...that could have caused prime to fail)

14hr prime stable at 2.8ghz 1.4v :)

Now that's why I bought this chip. :drool: Damn does it overclock well...

Too bad I'm stuck with my stock heatpipe HS right now, oh well, 2.5Ghz(stock volt~+0.05) serves me well enough right now. ;)

damn. Prime failed after 6 mins (on 1 core) at 2.85ghz w/ 1.4v....temps are up to 47c, so I don't know if I want to raise the vcore yet....I raised the LDT and the other chipset volts up a notch too (did that when i was 2.8ghz 14hr prime stable).

I don't want to install the optimizer until I'm done with oc'ing. Then I'll retest all my oc's to make sure it doesn't hurt them at all (and see if it might help them).

iLLestOne said:
I don't want to install the optimizer until I'm done with oc'ing. Then I'll retest all my oc's to make sure it doesn't hurt them at all (and see if it might help them).
It didn't change my OC but it made a difference in heat. Before the K8 driver (and MS hotfix) almost everything in Windows was running on core 0 regardless of what else I was running. Now it's pretty evenly split between the cores. But I can understand testing in "stock" configuration first ...

QuietIce said:
It didn't change my OC but it made a difference in heat. Before the K8 driver (and MS hotfix) almost everything in Windows was running on core 0 regardless of what else I was running. Now it's pretty evenly split between the cores. But I can understand testing in "stock" configuration first ...

I've noticed that now! Core 0 will be maxed out sometimes when core 1 is at close to 0%. I'm going to bump up the volts to 1.35 x 110% and if I'm not stable at 2.9ghz, then I'm gonna install all that stuff.

Good Luck. I can see that I should get that particular CPU. I hope I can overclock it to somewhere around 2.7. I'm thinking about getting that DFI board you have as well. Well.. good luck with stablizing it around 2.9

holy carp thats nice.

alot better then my old ccbwe 0528

it wouldnt even do 2300 on stock volts. it was the worst clocking chip i had. trying to get 400mhz was a serious pita, let alone 500. and it ran hot. 1.6 gave me 2700 :cry:

and it wasnt stable.

squads said:
wow...my 89 watt 4400+ isn't even stable at 2.5gHz w/1.5 vcore. Core 0 craps out immediately in Prime at that speed. I got a total dud of a chip.

Same deal here... mine is a CCBWE 0609FPMW. Takes 1.5v for 290x9 and a staggering 1.6v for 300x9. :mad: If it weren't for my pimpin' ThermalRight Ultra-120 I wouldn't have gone that far on the vcore. I'm just not comfortable running 1.6v 24/7 as this cpu is gonna Fold for Team 32. :D

My Core 0 is also a dog squads... while running this baby up using SPI core 0 was always the first to fail. I have had limited success to this point getting it Prime Blend stable. Cpu seems to be okay @ 2.61GHz on Prime Small FFT. So I'm either dealing with a ram/timing/vdimm issue :rolleyes: OR I'm having memory controller issues with the cpu. One way or the other, the memory bus is what's holding me back ATM.

From what I've seen of these chips so far here and other places on the net... it's a hit or miss situation with not much grey in between. Either people are getting sweet clocks with near stock volts, or the chip is a mediocre clocker at best that requires plenty of juice to get it there.

Soo... the 4400 comes in 2 versions:
1: UBER
2: Crap.
It's all a matter of getting the right one for some real fun! :bday:
I'm at 2.5Ghz on stock volts right now(actually I'm 0.02v below stock), any higher and it's no longer %1000 stable and I have to increase the voltages by 0.05 or so. :p

My friend's 4400 is a bugger, I had to have the voltage increased by 0.05 to hit 2.4Ghz, not bad... especially since he's not an overclocker and I just built his computer to run at that speed forever.

Shell said:
I'm at 2.5Ghz on stock volts right now(actually I'm 0.02v below stock), any higher and it's no longer %1000 stable and I have to increase the voltages by 0.05 or so. :p
until that no name psu fries your whole system. :)

2.9 ghz, 1.45v, 3 hour prime stable :)

Only bad thing is now I idle around 27c, and load at 55c!!!!!!!!! Isn't that pretty damn hot?? It might not be sitting right on the cpu....30c is a crazy diff. between idle and load temps....i think

55c is my MAX temp for A64 system. Try reseating it, see what you get. You coudl even try lapping the IHS and your heatsink. OR you can go water and really pump MHZ out of that chip!!!

I got a CCBWE 4800+ 0605vpmw . Not sure how it will clock yet as i am still waiting on my mobo replacement. Got shipped today! yay. now i gotta wait 5 days till i get it. But i went with the 4800+ cause i saw posts about the 4400 not even reaching 2.5ghz, and i wanted the higher multi for an easier and hopefully higher OC. :)

basso4735 said:
until that no name psu fries your whole system. :)
lol i know... but it's made by GE and is giving very clean power with the EM shielding I stuffed into it, I also added in another fan and stuck some RAMsinks onto it's mosfets that weren't already covered.
These are it's readings:
12v: 11.97v:beer:3.5v: 3.52v:beer: 5v: 5.01v :beer:
Pretty damn good for a $35(USD) PSU under max load!
It's at 440/450watts :eek: If I hit 450 it destablizes and my safety override cuts-off power to prevent damage...

iLLestOne, when overclocking that high, you may want to have under 50 temps to keep your chip living for a long time. And don't be surprised by the huge tempature range, my range is 28c to 40c under load at 2.6Ghz

Also... uhh... oh ya, If my HT link is at 960mhz/1000mhz; is it running %4 slower? (did I even do that calculation correctly?)

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
I got a CCBWE 4800+
I'd have a 4800... but when I bought my 4400 it was $550 and the 4800 was $1200 :eek:

Shell said:
I'd have a 4800... but when I bought my 4400 it was $550 and the 4800 was $1200 :eek:

goddayumm! I got my 4800+ for 288 LMFAO It was either that or the 4400 for 224 LOL

Edit : IIs that american or canadian dollars?

Double Edit / PS : How does/what is/what does liquid gallium-tin work/do. Off topic so you can PM me with an answer :) I have always wondered that whenever i see your sig

iLLestOne said:

2.9 ghz, 1.45v, 3 hour prime stable :)

Only bad thing is now I idle around 27c, and load at 55c!!!!!!!!! Isn't that pretty damn hot?? It might not be sitting right on the cpu....30c is a crazy diff. between idle and load temps....i think

That's great OCing buddy, I knew you could do it. Looks like you have cooling deficiency if only using 1.45v vcore. As others have suggested, you may lap the HS or get better cooling system. You have a great chip and could hit 3ghz w/ better cooling. Anyway, congrat for the great OC w/ little vcore voltage.
Mine hasn't gotten here yet as was promised. UPS says tomorrow. will test it tomorrow. hope is as good as yours.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
goddayumm! I got my 4800+ for 288 LMFAO It was either that or the 4400 for 224 LOL

Edit : IIs that american or canadian dollars?
Canadian, which is $0.885USD; I bought my 4400 over a year ago, hence the high prices, the 4800 just came out and when I heard that it's basically an overclocked 4400 I decided not to wait and just get the 4400 which had a big pricedrop the day before... I ended up paying $500CDN for it way back then. :p

Also, I'll PM you information on that later tonight. BRB; Walking Dog.

I have a xp90c. I hit max full load of around 50c when pumping 1.55v into my 3200+.

I really hate taking the hs off because 1 side is almost touching a cap, and i don't want it to break off....

I've idled down to 22c....do you still think it has a bad seating?

Also, I have 1 120mm intake fans in the front, a 250mm intake on the side, and a 120mm, and 2 90mm exhausts (1 90mm is on the top). So needless to say, i have good airflow.

Here's my latest SP2004 run... I went with Small FFT this time b/c I wanted to rule the cpu out my Blend instability I've been experiencing, only 9 1/2 hours Blend stable. This just means the dimms aren't behaving yet. :bang head They'll do and are spec'd for 300, so I just don't have them tweaked quite right. Believe it or not low vdimm seems to be what these dimms like (PDP TCCD). Should I try more chipset or ldt voltage?

I know I'm not setting any records here... this just isn't the best chip. What do you guys think about pushing 1.6v to a chip 24/7? Temps are in check, I haven't seen 45C yet with this Thermalright Ultra-120. 1.6v still only gets me 300x9 @ ~43C... so is 0.1v worth 90MHz? I'm just not too keen on pushing those kinda volts when I don't see many people doing it. I would like this chip to live for a while. :)

btw iLLestOne- killer OC's! :attn: Wish I had your chip! :sn:

4400_290x9_P95_SMALL_FFT_3.jpg

Back