• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400 X2 Toledo "89" watts. How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's crazy how low your temps are....my hs must just not be seated right....I guess I'll reset it now :(

1.6v is a LOT, in my book...but your temps are fine, so I dunno. I'd also set your ram down to 250fsb or so when testing to rule the ram out. Then when you find your highest cpu setting, THEN crank up the ram :)

Oh yea, ran a quick pcmark2005 @ 3ghz:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=448273

iLLestOne and Shell, very nice overclocking guys. :thup: :thup:

I'm psyched, my Ultra-D was shipped today so in a few days I'll be able to once again join you all in the 4400 oc'ing adventures.

iLLestOne said:
That's crazy how low your temps are....my hs must just not be seated right....I guess I'll reset it now :(

1.6v is a LOT, in my book...but your temps are fine, so I dunno.

Well... that was after it idle'd down. Load temps @ that clock are 38~40. :D It's the freakin' TR Ultra-120. This thing is a beast, which is why my mediocre chip is illing me out. :mad:

I agree... is 0.1v worth 90MHz? I don't think so. Not if I want the chip to live a healthy life.

iLLestOne said:
I'd also set your ram down to 250fsb or so when testing to rule the ram out. Then when you find your highest cpu setting, THEN crank up the ram :)

Already did that... linked before, but I'll do it again. :D

- 1.6v @ 300x9 (Max CPU)

- 1.5v @ 290x9 (Max CPU & RAM)

Of course this is just SPI and not Prime. Have made several attempts @ Prime Blend tweaking the ram every step of the way. So for me to leave the RAM @ 290 and then run Small FFT and it passes, then that tells me it's definitely the RAM that's not quite stable. Keeps the memory controller @ higher freq. as well. Which should lead to more stress on the cpu, even if just running Small FFT.

harlam357 said:
Well... that was after it idle'd down. Load temps @ that clock are 38~40. :D It's the freakin' TR Ultra-120. This thing is a beast, which is why my mediocre chip is illing me out. :mad:

I agree... is 0.1v worth 90MHz? I don't think so. Not if I want the chip to live a healthy life.

- 1.6v @ 300x9 (Max CPU)

Of course this is just SPI and not Prime. Have made several attempts @ Prime Blend tweaking the ram every step of the way. So for me to leave the RAM @ 290 and then run Small FFT and it passes, then that tells me it's definitely the RAM that's not quite stable. Keeps the memory controller @ higher freq. as well. Which should lead to more stress on the cpu, even if just running Small FFT.

When you are running prime, do you run 2 instances? Follow this guide and then run prime, and MAKE sure to set "memory in use" to 400 per program!!!

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16446

I just reinstalled my hs, and put a tornado on it....hopefully my temps will drop some. Right now, I'm idling on 25-27c w/ 1.376v.

EDIT: have you tried bumping up LDT and chipset volts? I don't know if you need to, but I have mine at 1.4v *LDT* 1.7v *chipset*

Last edited:
Sweet! I just ran a quick 10min double prime and my load temps were 42c, and my lowest idle so far as been 23c, but it usually stays around 25c.

My load temp before was 47c, so I dropped 5c by resetting the hs. Hopefully I'll loose a few more degrees once the as5 fully cures.

iLLestOne said:
When you are running prime, do you run 2 instances? Follow this guide and then run prime, and MAKE sure to set "memory in use" to 400 per program!!!

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16446

I just reinstalled my hs, and put a tornado on it....hopefully my temps will drop some. Right now, I'm idling on 25-27c w/ 1.376v.

EDIT: have you tried bumping up LDT and chipset volts? I don't know if you need to, but I have mine at 1.4v *LDT* 1.7v *chipset*

Yep... of course I do. I'm no rookie. ;) Actually the real Prime95 is pretty much obsolete. SP2004 is the way to go. :thup: Johnny has another creation that I haven't used extensively yet called Orthos, specificly for dual core or HT cpus.

Humm, actually I usually run each instance @ 463MB. Blend on a 1GB system and single instance requests 926MB of memory. So I just cut that in half, I'd rather prime grab as much memory as possible. And why would you not want prime to page a little? I always thought that a little paging would stress the machines ability to swap effectively while heavily stressed.

But if Angry Games says to run 400MB per instance, then maybe I'll try 400MB per instance. AND maybe I'll push the chipset & ldt as well... I run both my other Ultra-Ds @ 1.6 chipset & 1.3 ldt. I really see no benefit from going any higher on those boards. But maybe thats what this particular board wants. :shrug:

Good show on the temps! :thup: That's looking much more in check. Now you can OC more! :D

Last edited:
Jame Gumb said:
OChungry, is yours going in the ASRock?
Yes. This asrock board has been good to me, specially w/ all the voltmods done on it.
Jame I hear the core 2 4300 is going to be a killer overclocker w/ 9x multi (per ED here). Are you going to buy the 6300/6400 or are you waiting for the 4300?

iLLestOne said:
Just wanted to see if I could get into windows at 3ghz, and I can :)

Here's one w/ 2x Superpi:
Oh wait, do you have the "89" watts or "110" ?
the CPUID shows you have a "110" watts. Never the less, that's great OCing.

ochungry said:
Oh wait, do you have the "89" watts or "110" ?
the CPUID shows you have a "110" watts. Never the less, that's great OCing.

I read on another forum that the 89w will always show as a 110w chip, they deem it as 89w during testing/binning.

benbaked said:
I read on another forum that the 89w will always show as a 110w chip, they deem it as 89w during testing/binning.
oh ok, gut scared a little. I would like my 89w OC's as good too. Matter of fact I hope all 89w's overclock as good.
Will know tomorrow anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

It seems that steppings play a huge role in these 4400's....

But mine is a 89w. Someone e-mailed AMD and they said that it is a 89w even when programs might say it's a 110w.

harlam357 said:

- 1.6v @ 300x9 (Max CPU)

Yeah because 2.6v is not enough volts for the ram. I up that to 2.8v and leave the ldt at 1.2 and chipset to 1.55-1.60

Scar said:
Yeah because 2.6v is not enough volts for the ram. I up that to 2.8v and leave the ldt at 1.2 and chipset to 1.55-1.60

I don't know Scar... maybe 2.6v is a small bit too low, but I run my OCZ Plat R2 TCCD @ 290MHz w/only 2.68v. That's just what it likes. Any higher and I get errors. So, since then I've been experimenting with lower volts on my TCCDs.

I don't know where you saw 2.6v but if you're looking in my sig that's not the dimms or machine I'm working on, I only have 7 rigs. :D The OCZ EBs listed in my sig are fine @ 2.6v.

Also, this current set I'm tweaking (PDP PC4800) is not new to me. I ran it @ 300MHz 2.5-4-3-7 in my Opteron 170 (sig rig) for over six months without issue on only ~2.7v.

Still, do you suggest I crank it up to 2.8v? Do you think the dimms could become more volt hungry over time or while I had them in a box for the last couple months? :confused:

My OCZ RAM allows me to go to 2.9v without breaking the warrenty... now only if my PSU had that much power to spare...
I'm running at DDR500 right now at 2.7v, perfectly stable with 2-3-2-5... my mobo sucks...
It's hard keeping a 1:1 ratio when I go extreme...

Back