• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400 X2 Toledo "89" watts. How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good stuff, i might reload my vista on the second hdd from scratch and see ifi its worth keeping on its own, the lack of adobe flash support is a bit of a deal breaker though.
Im also wondering if i should lower my ldt back to factory as I didnt have to bump it one notch really.

So... who's still running their ADVs? :D

I've still got mine folding 24/7 at 2.8 GHz, albeit with slower RAM and on a divider. It has been a workhorse, but pales in folding comparison to my e6600 at stock. :(

Both mine are still crunching WUs for Team 32! :beer: ...albeit at not so stellar OCs.

I sold mine to someone here on the forums.. I'm waiting for that person to get it up and running. Mine hit 2.9Ghz with relative ease, and I ran it at 2.8Ghz daily. Such a great chip, I hope it's not sitting in a closet somewhere.

MameXP, I'm talking to you.... get that chip running! :)

Mine is still crunching SETI numbers as we speak. However, I ran into problems w/the Ninja - it was pushing against the heatpipes from the NB and has slowly moved over time so my OC is down to 2.5 now. :(

This weekend I expect it to become part of my pump & tubing experiments along with Aaron's old MB & RAM and a 165, which is still new in box. We'll see how good my naked 4400 will clock under a Storm. :)

BTW - For those who haven't seen the 4400 rig yet I present "Picasso" ... :D

Picasso.JPG

It's now hanging on the wall by a common clothes hanger.

Don't worry, Aaron, your MB will be residing in an old Xaser II ...

Last edited:
An update to Picasso - I finally got it on water! Naked core running under a Storm and sharing a loop w/a new 165, which is still formatting the HDD on the XP install. Temps are good and I may have more room to go with it but for now I'm at 2706 (246x11) @ 1.55vCore and 38/38°C from CoreTemp (~15°C above ambient). I didn't want to push it any higher right now since the 165 isn't OC'ed yet and I need to save a little thermal space for it.

I posted my new OC in the stepping thread and will add the CPU-Z link soon. I also included my old OC (on air) but it won't be validated, I didn't save a CPU-Z for it. Take my word for it or leave it off the list, it won't bother me one way or the other.

I'm at my lowest setting for the WC loop, this is a little experiment I'm doing. It's running a stock MCP355, 3/8" tubing, and a 2-302 heater core w/a pair of monster (EFB1212SHE) Delta's running as slow as the Noise Isolator PMW will let them run. Haven't had a chance to find their RPM, yet, I'm still looking for that 3-wire extension cable I've got around here somewhere. :-/ I may have to break out the supplies I got from Sidewinder and make my own ...

Update for my ADV 4400+:

I bought a FSP 700w (4 x 12v rails :attn:) power supply for the X2/Ultra-D system today. It turns out that the 500w Bluestorm just didn't have quite enough for this rig, with the new PSU the cold boot issue I had been having with this X2 since day one is gone! :D

The Bluestorm went back into my oldie Lanparty, the NFII Ultra B. The systems are working great, and more importantly - folding.

Back