• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD sending off s939 in style - 4000+ KAB1E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think imma grab a 4000+ just cause it has a 12 multi and my 3700+ has 11 lol plus hmm there cheap now i rather have a 4000+ to

lol i have my 4000+ sitting right in front of me doing absolutly nothing right now, but i can only hit 3ghz on air, havnt tested it on water yet. But asus supposebly shipped out my mobo today!!!!!!!!!! Via ground, from far..far..away. damn ground shipping.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
lol i have my 4000+ sitting right in front of me doing absolutly nothing right now, but i can only hit 3ghz on air, havnt tested it on water yet. But asus supposebly shipped out my mobo today!!!!!!!!!! Via ground, from far..far..away. damn ground shipping.

That sucks, UPS=snails.

How long have you been without a mobo?

here's some more action at 3.6ghz

time a bit slow because of 2x1gb ballistix and no tweaking

360016vyp7.jpg

damarble said:
That's sweet dude, nice job.

That's negative 52. ;) Or -4c, depending on which one we should believe.

But yeah, what's the deal with two different reported speeds?

mbm shows the cpu core temp ...the other temp -52 is the evaporator temp....which is probably -45/-46c in real temps.

it makes it look like there's not a great mount ....but these things are VERY hot compared to any other 939 chip i've used.

wow thats cool! I wish I had one of those. My newcastle 3400+ makes me want to play the violin game on my wrist with a knife when compared to that!

Brando said:
Wow. Anyone know how I can be sure to get one of these if I order?

Tankguys should let you select the stepping. And just make sure your OPN indicats it is an 89 w. I forget what the OPN is though.

penguin463 said:
That sucks, UPS=snails.

How long have you been without a mobo?

actually its fedex ground. either way, there both slow as hell.

Mmmm RMA'd my mobo the end of july, 10 buisness days later, and then shipping time... *sigh*

either ways, damn. nice clock!

Brando said:

i guess you should ask the retailer, they can only say no.

also try and order from somewhere with high turnover as this chip is week26 so definitely from the last batch i would think.

I've got NO amd chips in stock right now with steppin info - this Conroe pre-order (debacle) has us tied up.

We're making some changes over the next few days though, and hopefully we'll be back online with AMD stepping info again soon. Part of the other I have is that almost no suppliers have any X2's around ;)

UPS delivered in 2 days

Brando said:
My brother and I just got 2 4000+'s from Newegg on Tues. They are both KACAE/ one's a 0603EPBW, and the other is 0603EPEW. So we will see if they clock well ( don't know which Sandies are desirable).Still burning in the AS5.The default vcore is @1.34.
They came UPS (3 day free shipping) in 2 days...oh and they were intact. Even the inner packaging was pristeen.

Man... this makes me want to try for 3.0ghz on my Sandy..... but mine is an 05 for sure.

*shrug*

I may pick one of these up when i fix my brother's computer. hehe, free upgrade =D

Bhugarov said:
My brother and I just got 2 4000+'s from Newegg on Tues. They are both KACAE/ one's a 0603EPBW, and the other is 0603EPEW. So we will see if they clock well ( don't know which Sandies are desirable).Still burning in the AS5.The default vcore is @1.34.
They came UPS (3 day free shipping) in 2 days...oh and they were intact. Even the inner packaging was pristeen.

Check out the San Diego Performance thread, i think its still on the first page.

You have one of the best steppings you can have :) It will hit 3ghz, and most likeley on lower vcore. :) KAB1E, KACAE, and KAB3E are the best steppings you can have. I have a kab3e 4000+ hit 3ghz, at 1.625vcore.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
Check out the San Diego Performance thread, i think its still on the first page.

You have one of the best steppings you can have :) It will hit 3ghz, and most likeley on lower vcore. :) KAB1E, KACAE, and KAB3E are the best steppings you can have. I have a kab3e 4000+ hit 3ghz, at 1.625vcore.
Thanks hitbyaprkedcar7 that's very encouraging. I wasn't so lucky with the old Winchester 3000+, but it's still running and with1T.
Did a very mild OC on the 4000+ just to cycle the AS5 and it's feels so smooth.(2580 @ stock vCore/vDimm) But I have lost my 1T command rate...maybe when I flash to the 1.C modded BIOS from sideffects it will help.
Onward, and Upward

Yupp, thats it.

Upgrading from a 3200venice single to to a 4000+ single core? Nope. Spend the extra 15$ and get a 3800X2. THEN you will notice a difference. You wont get the 3ghz clocks (probably 2.4-5, but its dual core and you will notice a considerable difference in multi tasking and every day use) Unless your a hardcore gamer, then id go for the 4000+ since its so cheap. But make sure the games you play dont support multi threading, if they do, def. go for the X2, Espicialy since there so cheap now. Youc can get a 4800X2 for 288, stock at 2.4ghz and clock it up to 2.6-7

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
Yupp, thats it.

Upgrading from a 3200venice single to to a 4000+ single core? Nope. Spend the extra 15$ and get a 3800X2. THEN you will notice a difference. You wont get the 3ghz clocks (probably 2.4-5, but its dual core and you will notice a considerable difference in multi tasking and every day use) Unless your a hardcore gamer, then id go for the 4000+ since its so cheap. But make sure the games you play dont support multi threading, if they do, def. go for the X2, Espicialy since there so cheap now. Youc can get a 4800X2 for 288, stock at 2.4ghz and clock it up to 2.6-7

Yeah, if you are gonna be doing any sort of multi tasking AT ALL, the x2 is for you. If you are looking for a cheap upgrade that will hold you over perhaps until K8L and other new AMD procs, then go with this.

I wouldn't recommend building a whole new system with out at least going dual core, if not AM2

Back