• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saving game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvidiaOCmaster

Im gonig to be upgrading my computer, and ill have to reformat the hard drive. I don't have the iinstall discs for my COD2 game, so I cant reistall after i delete it. Is there any way to copy it onto another hard drive?

nvidiaOCmaster said:
Im gonig to be upgrading my computer, and ill have to reformat the hard drive. I don't have the iinstall discs for my COD2 game, so I cant reistall after i delete it. Is there any way to copy it onto another hard drive?

Just copy the whole directory to another HD. And just run the .exe after you reinstall windows.

im not sure about cod2 but some games needs registery to get it working properly. go to your registery and search for cod2 or ea. back them up 2 just in case. most games all you have to do is copy the whole folder into another hd

Most newer games DO have a registry entry. However, you may get lucky and it will work without "registering" it with your current install.

I tried doing that with Oblivion and it didn't work. Game just crashed.

click startmenu --> run ---> rededit ---> edit ---> find ---> type in call of duty, or ea, or cod2, or something that relates to the game. ---> file export reg

Back