• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help my oc' my crappy 1900xt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

When using atitool, my card seems to crap out around 645/745 (with all the volts set to 3d settings)

When I use ati's "overdrive", it gets the core up around 680, and then the screen goes black and I have to reboot.

My card is by FAR the worst on the "X1900XT/XTX/CF/AIW", and there has to be something I am doing wrong. All my other cards have clocked pretty good, did I just get a dud?

Any tips on oc'ing these? What are the highest SAFE volts I can give this card? I've read some places to up the mem volts, and then other places say lower it. Anyone have any experience with this?

If I knew that some xt's clock like crap I would have just bought a xtx. I was used to the 9800pro days when the pro's could clock WAY past stock xt's....

Well my card sucks for ram, and guess the core isn't bad for default voltage.

Its all luck of the draw with cards and OCing. As for safe voltage depends what cooling you have.

Stock cooling, but my case has 2x 120mm (bout 70cfm each) & 250mm intake (about 60cfm), and 2x120mm exhaust & 2x90mm exhaust.

card temps max out at around 65-70c if I remember correctly.

Just seems crazy how low of a oc this card is getting. I guess it just might be a dud...I'm just trying to convince myself that it isn't :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention, when I oc my card, I always set the fan speed to 100% (god its LOUD....like tornado loud...actually I think it's louder...) So cooling shouldn't be a HUGE problem, i think....?

Back