• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is high speed memory worth the price for C2D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice rams there batboy ;) what is the default voltage, and do you know what mobo you will be putting them in? i'm thinking something abit? do you know what the max volts you can throw at it are gonna be?

when you get your other stuff i wanna see this, but 4-4-4-10 ;)
done with 2.45v, dunno if takes less

243396025_169d20766b_o.jpg

Default voltage on the Mushkin XP2-6400 is 1.9v (although up to 2.1v is guaranteed).

It will easily do the rated DDR2-800 4-4-3-10 @ 1.9v. I did something like DDR2-940 4-4-4-10 at 2.2v.

I'm gonna try the new Abit AW9D as soon as I can find it in stock. Supposedly, it has lots of voltage settings.

As for DDR2-1200 using 4-4-4-10? Dunno, that might be asking a lot.

HBB, you have some nice RAM there. Reckon it better be good stuff for that price though.

batboy said:
HBB, you have some nice RAM there. Reckon it better be good stuff for that price though.

opting for a e6300 helped me justify the price ;)

and really, it was a choice between these, or something quite inferior for like $50 less (hard to find decent ram at a decent price up here :(). i didn't want to skimp on the ram. last build, i bought some bh-5, and didn't get to max them out thanks to the bugged vtt on the ic7-max3. this time round, i wanted a sweet clocking set of rams and a mobo that would push them hard. :)

rainless said:
Yeah godman... you missed something. What's his name said exactly that, in more detail, about five posts ago :) :beer:
I noticed shortly after... hey, at least I know what I'm talkin about. LOL. =/

Rainless we want screen shots of your memory running DDR2 1400 in the Asrock board.
ps. You need a new avatar. :rolleyes:

Epox4life said:
Rainless we want screen shots of your memory running DDR2 1400 in the Asrock board.
ps. You need a new avatar. :rolleyes:
I think he meant DDR2 14000, not 1400. :D

Back