• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you change cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How often do you change cases?

• after 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • after 2 years

Votes: 134 17.2%
  • after 3 years

Votes: 117 15.0%
  • Over 3 years

Votes: 327 41.9%
  • less than 1 year

Votes: 44 5.6%
  • Every time a new standard comes out

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • I own a laptop

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • I change my case more often than I change underwear :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Eobard eats catnip

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • Oni is a ninja

Votes: 102 13.1%

• Total voters
Its been just about with every new hardware upgrade, well except this past one, which came about 1.5 yrs after purchase. This current one will hopefully last forever since I just spent ~$415 on it. Its the Mountain Mod Pinnacle 24

I've had my Ahanix since.... 04. Shortly after it came out. Paid $50 for it shipped from the egg back then.

I love it. I added a side fan to it, but that's it. It does need a paint job though as it has my scratches on it. The door broke off, but I can fix that eventually. I have replaced a BLUE LED on it once already, but other than that. It keeps my PC cool. I love the fan controller & temp sensors. Hiding wires in this thing is very hard and you can't mod it because of the way it is build.

Overall, I don't see myself getting rid of it unless a new standard comes out that I have to get when I upgrade.

I have gone through 3 major upgrades with this thing.

I am on my 3rd case in about 1 year, first was and Apevia Jupiter, which was my first build evar. Second was my mini 80, which is so nice and neat and quiet. I am currently building some sort of a monster in my new 1200. I caught the modding bug... and prolly the WC bug too (I'll give it a try)

I'm a case addict, I bought an Antec 300 and a Sonata III just because they were on sale :-/..

same case since my k6-2 300, so 1998 I guess. Don't even know what it is anymore...just an all steel full tower that weighs about 70lbs empty, but it serves my purposes.

Change it when I start a new build. I start new builds before my system goes bad - I do so when it becomes obsolete..which is like every 2 years.

No option for that though...so I'll have a write-in ballot: every time I build a new system.

Change it when I start a new build. I start new builds before my system goes bad - I do so when it becomes obsolete..which is like every 2 years.

No option for that though...so I'll have a write-in ballot: every time I build a new system.

I'm with you... every time I build a new system I use a new case even though I plan on using my old one. I have a nice Cooler Master case but the power supply is on top and I want one that's on the bottom now. :D

I've never just changed a case. My main rig's case is about 10 years old. I just keep cutting holes to update it. (E.G. front USB, 120mm fan inlet.)

I was changing every couple years during upgrades until I discovered the Thermaltake Armor. I have had this case for 3+ years and I will have it another 3+ years. There are some things they could improve on but overall it's a great case so why change it.

I have chaanged my rig only once, Now Iam looking for another buy. Anybody recommend a case that will keep my temps real low?

Every 2 years or so. Basically every time I build a new computer. I'd keep the case if it was awesome, but so far every case I've had I've had at least one issue with it. My friend got the Antec 900, and I'm thinking about going with that or the 1200 this summer, because he has no issues with it, and I know they're really popular. Which none of my cases in the past have been very successful, I just liked them because they were somewhat unique, but I want something that works as well.

for me its every 2-3 years, it really depends on when I need something else like more drive slots or differnet cooling etc.

And also eoboard really does eat catnip.

When the case is useless ie. cant change psu, mobo's no longer fit or new standards prevent component upgrade.

I am currently modding a case I bought in 99 so I cant provide an answer to the poll.

when ever the time comes to mod the old one over and over to the point u need a new one to mod LOL

Still on the same case for the last 3 years, but it has been modded and repainted. I think I have one or 2 more builds with this case. Other then that I normally just find a good deal on a used one so I don't feel so bad when I have to cut it up to fit all of my WC.

Had my previous case like for 3 years - Thermaltake Mambo (damn, should have replaced it earlier). Yesterday i bought ATCS 840, which i hope endure for long time - 3 years plus.

Back