• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you change cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How often do you change cases?

• after 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • after 2 years

Votes: 134 17.2%
  • after 3 years

Votes: 117 15.0%
  • Over 3 years

Votes: 327 41.9%
  • less than 1 year

Votes: 44 5.6%
  • Every time a new standard comes out

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • I own a laptop

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • I change my case more often than I change underwear :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Eobard eats catnip

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • Oni is a ninja

Votes: 102 13.1%

• Total voters
Let's see. Marvin had a socket A in some generic black server case. I wanna say I built her in 2k3. Deep thought (socket 939) got a MountainMods U2UFO 2 years later, then moved her into a Antec 300 when I built Earth into the same U2UFO around 2k9. Nevermore is under construction in a Cosmos 2 right now. Project log is currently in the water cooling subforums. Almost complete!

EDIT: and Earth was moved into a Rosewill case for space considerations, while the U2-UFO is currently collecting dust, and Deep Thought finally ave up the ghost...

Last edited:
I'm now going on 9 months in this Phantom 820, which will soon be replaced by a Lian Li V360B, and then a CaseLabs S3 or S5. LOL. So, in the next 6 months I'll have two new cases/builds.

I'm going smaller. No sense in using a full ATX board anymore now that mITX has tons of features. Go for a high end GPU and I'm all good.

I have 4 cases in the past 10+ years now. So I guess I change it every 4-5 years. Now some of these super towers have so much room and components are getting smaller and more powerful, I don't think I'll be changing this 900D case recently purchased for a long time unless I hit the lotto and go all out on a 10k-20k rig with a CaseLabs or MountainMods case. :D:p

I did some heavy mods to an Ultra Allminus about 5 years ago. I probably used it for 3 builds over that time. I just yesterday upgraded to a Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Windowed case. I upgraded my mobo to take advantage of the USB 3.0 and opted for a BluRay reader/DVD burner drive.

I couldn't be happier with the new case. SILENT!! Only using the two 140mm fans that came with the case as intakes in the front panel and one 120mm exhaust in the back, all connected to the case's included three fan controller, set to 7v. I left the sound dampening in the two fan locations at the top and figure I will probably add some more to cover the fan location in the bottom. My Zalman CPU cooler has a fan controller on it which i set just low enough to not be audible.

This case is the best I've had to date.

FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL-W_1.jpg

I am extremely happy with my 650d right now! I was sick of having plastic cases that looked cheap and lit up with colored led's everywhere. My 650d looks clean and classy and more like a professional build unlike my last build with a nzxt phantom. I love the fact it takes two seconds to open the case and has no thumb screws.

I've been using my 12 year old case for the last 9 years or so.. I've finally upgraded to a 7 year old case that I'll probably use for the same amount of time as my last stacker :D

Back