• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you change cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How often do you change cases?

• after 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • after 2 years

Votes: 134 17.2%
  • after 3 years

Votes: 117 15.0%
  • Over 3 years

Votes: 327 41.9%
  • less than 1 year

Votes: 44 5.6%
  • Every time a new standard comes out

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • I own a laptop

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • I change my case more often than I change underwear :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Eobard eats catnip

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • Oni is a ninja

Votes: 102 13.1%

• Total voters
leojharris said:
you still got a great deal on that case; looks nice. do you use a 250mm side intake fan? i've got the armor with such a fan and it really helped temps overall ...

If you mean This 300m fan Then no, but I am going to get one eventually. Got a few more upgrades to do before that. (going to get another drive cage and 4 more perp drives.. for a total of 8 (running 6 Hdds right now but pulling 2 for another PC) Its gotten to the point that im actually considering using the stacker for my HTPC.. i ve got over a TB of storage right now and so far only have added 200GB of video. (still have 200+ movies I want to add, but the 200GB is all TV shows. (every stargate and xfiles episode.. heroes etc..)

If I do that.. then my next case change would be, another computer desk (build PC into desk). I have done 2 so far.. and i just had all of my windows replaced so I have plenty of glass panes to make peepholes with :)

I voted for the catnip, as that seems to me some sort of high compliment...

I change cases every time I do a new build. This has a number of benefits:

1. I can easily (no REALLY easily) transfer files from 1 RAID array to another over the LAN
  2. I can resell the old machine as a complete unit
  3. I'm Lazy
  4. I'm really lazy
  5. I'm really, really lazy
  6. I like blingy new cases
  7. Aluminium rocks!

:beer: to SSS for the great options on this poll...

Neur0mancer said:
If you mean This 300m fan Then no, but I am going to get one eventually. Got a few more upgrades to do before that. (going to get another drive cage and 4 more perp drives..

no .. i was looking at pictures of your case and it looked like it had a huge blow hole cut in the side panel where you could mount a giant fan ... like this:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/A2400_01.jpg

the image of your case i was looking at seemed to have the same sort of fan option for the side panel.

leojharris said:
no .. i was looking at pictures of your case and it looked like it had a huge blow hole cut in the side panel where you could mount a giant fan ... like this:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/A2400_01.jpg

the image of your case i was looking at seemed to have the same sort of fan option for the side panel.

Ohh.. no its just a big filter.. with a tiny little mout for an 80mm

I just got a 6'x4 piece of plexiglass.. so im thinking about trying out a window for it :)

Also have a dozen windows that are going in the trash.. so if the plexi works out I might try making one out of actual glass :)

I love my CM Stacker T01 I doubt I will ever change but I'm probably wrong. In my mind its perfect in looks and function.

Ive been in the computer building game for about 4 years now – my first case was a cheapo 25 dollar one – with my newest upgrade I just switched to a Antec 900. heads and tails over my old case. That first case lasted 4 years… now I think it’s going to get retired to a folding rig or something. I haven’t decided yet:rolleyes:

I recently got a Coolermaster Stacker 830. I really like the layout of this case and cant see myself replacing it anytime soon. The only thing I dont like about it is the HD cage. I prefer a quick release side load style one. But for airflow, I havent seen a thing that can beat this thing.

I have replaced cases anywhere from 3 years to 1 year. It simply depends on my needs at the time. The reason I got the stacker was because I needed the extra case length for fitting my 8800 Ultra in it.

I have one of the early koolance cases. The water cooling is long gone (leaked and killed a video card after about 3 or 4 years), but I finally built a new machine from the ground up, including case. I still have the koolance case, it's just not in service at the moment. I bought the koolance case in 2000 or 2001, so that would make it 6 or 7 years old.

I keep my cases for quite a long time. but when I buy a new I'm very picky about it. I think a good case should last years. my curent case have had 3 motherboards in it. I think now with my next build I will be buying a new case, but again it's hard to find I like. By the way I have a Antec Server case.

I've had my current case for almost 6 years now. its only gone through 3 motherboards. 2 socket A's and my current 939. It may weigh a lot but a full tower steel case is definably a head turner at most lan parties lol

I never change my case unless it has been damaged or, when I buy new hardware that does not fit inside the case that I am using. So far I am on my 2nd case. Since my first computer I bought 11 years ago.

Back