• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coming up behind.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawken

In updating my team tracking, I started noticing a team coming up fast behind us - Athlonmb.com Seti Team, a ways back in 79th. The only reason that I am noticing them, is that they were not even on my radar screen (top 100) a few weeks back.

I went and looked at their individual stats page and saw why they are producing over 3000 WU's per day. Their #1 position guy - HAL 2K is doing 265 WU's ave per day, and their #3 position guy - n715dp is doing 670 Wu's ave per day. The average for their 3 top people is 1000 WU's per day.

Damn, our top 50 only produce 600 - 625 per day. We either need a lot more members, or one guy who produces 1000+ Wu's per day.

Yeah... but look at the most recent graph. it looks like we are leveling off... we cant have that.

TheSanch said:
Yeah... but look at the most recent graph. it looks like we are leveling off... we cant have that.

We go through that kind of cycle on a regular basis. Our last spike upward was the addition of ButcherUK and zouo - bringing a much appreciated 16000+ WU's to the team. We need a few more members to join that have 4 or 5 digit total WU's, and produce double digit per day averages - or another 500 - 1000 members who produce 2 or more wu's per day.

I'm trying to sneak my way up to 50+ a day. I think keeping up good energy in the group, keeping the web page going and active and all the other ideas we have been considering are all good ways to help drive personal performance and attrack new members.

Cy

I usually post to the Usenet Newsgroups at least 2x a week - trying to recruit members. Unfortunately, I haven't had access to the newsgroups for a week now. We change our tier 1 provider from PBI.net to Sprintlink. On PBI we had a 'pull' news group link, but with Sprint, they are a push system and we don't want to take up all our band width with newsgroup downloads. We are submitting a filtered list and should have access again after Thanksgiving.

Just popped in to say Hello!!

Was up and surfin late and ran across your forum,Hal and n715dp have both been gone for the holidays the last few days...but the average you said is low for both of them..hal is way over 300 and Dave can do over 1000 a day when he wants to....watch the stats when they both come back!!
Heres a link to our Seti Forum...right now the Team wants to Spank Picard by Christmas...only time will tell:D

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=17

Last edited:
Re: Just popped in to say Hello!!

Hey! No pimping here.:) I'm sure your Picard spanking will be very sweet :beer: but if the bulk of your team output is against two heavy hitters then only one of them has to leave and you are finished...

Time to get crunchin'!

Anyone who has old pc's that they haven't been crunching with because they didn't want to screw up their average wu time: you can now put them on in the Team Challenge: info here

We need all the cycles we can get!

Seriously contemplating adding a dual Athlon MP by or just after X-Mas. The extra TBird I just added helped me get close to the mid-30's but a dually with 1.2GHz MPs (do the XPs still have multiprocessor code built in? Couple of 1700s would be better.) should pull out at least another 8-9 WUs a day.

Got some parts already...just need board, CPUs, memory and hard drive. Someone get back with me on the XPs running in SMP and if they're just as good...I know the early ones had MP built in.

Re: Re: Just popped in to say Hello!!

zouo said:
Hey! No pimping here.:) I'm sure your Picard spanking will be very sweet :beer: but if the bulk of your team output is against two heavy hitters then only one of them has to leave and you are finished...
Just to help you understand us, we don't pimp. We tease, we harass, we may even taunt... BUT: we strongly disaprove the whole pimping/angry banter scene. We're doing just fine with the members we have... Even without the top two 'heavy hitters' we do about 1700-2000 WUs per day. Hal is an inspiration, and n715dp, well... jeez, we don't even know what to think about Dave...:eek:

Our team is about having fun, and fixing what's wrong with your Athlon based rig. Feel free to visit the site, and we'll be visiting yours. But leave your WUs with Team Overclockers!!:D :D

I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna steal your idea for the slow machines going to a team account. Whoever thought that one up, I give you a toast! :beer:

One for the road, 'nStuff

Re: Re: Just popped in to say Hello!!

Hello overclockers.com,

I'm glad that some top teams are noticing the crunching power of the Athlonmb.com Seti Team.

FYI, the team can actually crunch 1500+wu/day when are top two guy's are taking a break. :) which is still pretty good.

JCB

zouo said:

FYI, a dual 1.2Mhz MP can do on average 10wu/day

Jon said:
Seriously contemplating adding a dual Athlon MP by or just after X-Mas. The extra TBird I just added helped me get close to the mid-30's but a dually with 1.2GHz MPs (do the XPs still have multiprocessor code built in? Couple of 1700s would be better.) should pull out at least another 8-9 WUs a day.

Re: Re: Re: Just popped in to say Hello!!

Fluff nStuff said:

Just to help you understand us, we don't pimp. We tease, we harass, we may even taunt... BUT: we strongly disaprove the whole pimping/angry banter scene. We're doing just fine with the members we have... Even without the top two 'heavy hitters' we do about 1700-2000 WUs per day. Hal is an inspiration, and n715dp, well... jeez, we don't even know what to think about Dave...:eek:

Our team is about having fun, and fixing what's wrong with your Athlon based rig. Feel free to visit the site, and we'll be visiting yours. But leave your WUs with Team Overclockers!!:D :D

I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna steal your idea for the slow machines going to a team account. Whoever thought that one up, I give you a toast! :beer:

One for the road, 'nStuff

It sounds like your site is no different from our site. This team generates between 1300 to 2000 as a monthly average, and we also work as a team to exploit the potentials of our machines. This team is a team and more - kind of like one big happy family.

The idea of the slow cruncher team account was a team effort.

hehehe the trouble maker is here now just want to let youknow were 122027 WU and closeing you better break out all you have were comming fast

Hello Overclockers :beer:

loudnlo1 said:
hehehe the trouble maker is here now just want to let youknow were 122027 WU and closeing you better break out all you have were comming fast

Hello Overclockers :beer:

The way it looks, you'll be intercepting us around May - by current averages. But, the way that this team keeps growing, I wouldn't hold your breath. ;)

Back