• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DEAD PIXEL POLL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many dead pixels do you have?

• NONE and loving it

Votes: 402 75.1%
  • One

Votes: 81 15.1%
  • Two

Votes: 18 3.4%
  • Three

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Four

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • More than 4

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • I bought an LCD and returned it and received a replacement with no dead pixels

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • I bought an LCD and the vendor wouldn't replace it (list vendor and # of dead pixels)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought an LCD and the manufacturer wouldn't replace it (list manufacturer and # of dead pixels)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Dead pixels suck

Votes: 83 15.5%

• Total voters
I have at least 5 I just saw with DPB on my Samsung 905BW. I really cannot notice them very well when viewing normally...I have to look closely and know where they are.

Is it worth my time/money to send it back?

*EDIT* I'm now looking closer with all the colors and can see at minimum 15

Last edited:
telexen said:
I'm now looking closer with all the colors and can see at minimum 15

If it's new, I would send it back.

15 dead pixels is not acceptable, I believe most places usually take them back if there are 9 or more, some places will replace them if there even less, but 15???

SEND IT BACK!

I have a 6 yeah old 15" lcd that after 4 years developed one pixel where the red wouldn't show. My syncmaster 205bw has 0.

just bought a samsung 205bw and no dead or stuck pixels.
I waited a long time to buy a LCD that I thought was worth it in the $300 range, so far I am very happy with it.

well my 2005fpw did not have one for about a year now, now it's developed 1, not quite dead, but not as bright as the others on white. ah well. its near the top left corner, doesn't bother me.

Never had one, but there's one on my grandparents' LCD and it annoys me whenever I have to go fix their computer every other weekend :p

Samsung is dead pixel free, but my secondary 17" Rosewill for my server... well... it has 3.

I had never checked any of my monitors before and am very happy to see no dead pixels on all 3. My oldest one is a Dell that was the first 19" LCD they offered and is some years old.

Guess it was worth what I payed for...I think it was about $1100.

...don't judge me...I did it for the payments! ...no system...just a sweet LCD...I swear!

Just grabbed a Viewsonic VX2235 from Costco ..... no dead pixels :) .

My monitor came with 1 dead pixel, then promptly after the warranty expired 2 more popped up as if by design lol. Luckily the dead pixels are in spots where you dont notice them unless looking for them.

Have yet to find 1 dead pixel.

But it does suffer from backlight bleeding, though it's usually barely noticeable.

Back