• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DEAD PIXEL POLL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many dead pixels do you have?

• NONE and loving it

Votes: 402 75.1%
  • One

Votes: 81 15.1%
  • Two

Votes: 18 3.4%
  • Three

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Four

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • More than 4

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • I bought an LCD and returned it and received a replacement with no dead pixels

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • I bought an LCD and the vendor wouldn't replace it (list vendor and # of dead pixels)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought an LCD and the manufacturer wouldn't replace it (list manufacturer and # of dead pixels)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Dead pixels suck

Votes: 83 15.5%

• Total voters
Now testing out another lcd , this time a Sammy 225BW ; and no dead pixels !

I have about 3 dead pixels on my Viewsonic VX2025wm. They are around the center of the screen. They are only visible on a black background. It's a shame too, because I really like the screen. I'm debating whether or not to send it in for an RMA. I've tried using Udpixel, but no luck.

i got a 22" proview lcd 499 AU. it 5ms 85/85 so top specced, and no dead pixels yet.

But im heaps protective of it, like people point at the screen and im LIKE WTF DONT TOUCH IT!!!

seriously anyone cause a dead pixel from touching my screen is replacing it.

:D

my rosewill held out a little over 2 years and the other day half a row went down the crapper. it doesnt bother me that much but it does give me a reason to start looking at 22" and 24" lcd's

My brother just got his rma'd Gateway 21" and it has one dead pixel . :(

i have an EXTREMELY FAINT light gray vertical line near the edge of one of my monitors... only showed up today though, im hoping its a result of haven been writing a paper on that monitor for 9 hours straight, it lines up with the edge of the word document
mamoru.gif

2 different monitors/mfrs no dead pixels in either my veiwsonic ws19 nor my envision 7200 (had 2 of those and both were fine tho first died to other issues, still have 2nd)

Well I just recently got a single sky-blue stuck pixel on my Westinghouse 22inch (the one that was on sale for 199.99 during black Friday). Really disappointed because you can clearly see it unless its on a white screen. I tried running "j-screen fixer", a free program that supposedly has a good success rate of fixing a stuck pixel. It worked the first time I used it for a day or two and now the stuck pixel is back and its driving me insane. I'm going to leave this program running while I'm at work and see if it changed anything when I get back.....

Back