• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DEAD PIXEL POLL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many dead pixels do you have?

• NONE and loving it

Votes: 402 75.1%
  • One

Votes: 81 15.1%
  • Two

Votes: 18 3.4%
  • Three

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Four

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • More than 4

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • I bought an LCD and returned it and received a replacement with no dead pixels

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • I bought an LCD and the vendor wouldn't replace it (list vendor and # of dead pixels)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought an LCD and the manufacturer wouldn't replace it (list manufacturer and # of dead pixels)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Dead pixels suck

Votes: 83 15.5%

• Total voters
I first had a blueish pixel on the right of my screen and I didnt really notice it. Now that pixel works perfectly fine but now I have 3 greyish pixels at the top of my screen they are in a little block together and its really annoying :S

Still zero on my 2405FPW after 3+ Years.

Now if I want to count work ones I've had....
2x VeiwSonic 20", 2x ViewSonic 19", 6x ViewSonic 22" Widescreen = Zero Dead Pixels
1x ViewSonic 20" that was given to me from someone else, 1 Dead Pixel, red to be exact, not very noticable at all.

Oh yeah and 1 PSP zero dead pixels.

I have one dead pixel. Showed its ugly head about twenty days after purchase.

Called Samsung. Lady said 'yes one pixel is acceptable'

and I was like... "how can X amount of defectiveness be ok?"

but yes, apparently X amount of defectiveness is ok with Samsung. I forget the number, maybe seven... but I need a 'minimum number of dead pixels' to effect a warranty claim.

I told her I though this was absurd and to take down my name and adress along with a statement as to how offended I was and that I would never buy another samsung product, which received several mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, ok, thanks for calling samsung, click...

I didn't read every single page of this thread. But i had one "stuck pixel"(bright green pixel) on my Acer monitor.

I used this little applet:
http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php

While it is running, move it over your stuck pixel, then massage the area gently, using a rag or something, the stuck pixel should disappear.

It came back after about 6 months or so, i tried massaging it without the applet, that worked too. Stuck pixel free for over a year now.

0 still using a 15" CRT

& aren't they called STUCK PIXELS because their stuck on a set color
& dead are black

That depends on how LCD is made. Some displays white when all pixel are "off" and black when all pixel are "on" while others are opposite.

15" CRT... those are still made? I thought any CRT under 22" are no longer made. Even the POS displays have gone LCD long ago.

this thing is from a IBM netVista

IBM%20NetVista%20A20i.gif

but mine was white

with a Intel Celeron 667Mhz CPU
128MB 100 Mhz SD-RAM

I'm a spammer from Asia Pacific, and LandShark is sending me back home forever!

Sayonara.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back