Arrow windows xp boot time

windows xp pro is really spastic as far as boot times go for me. i didn't time anything, but you know those bars that scroll across in the opening screen where it says windows xp? i get anywhere from 3-30 scrolls, which is odd to say the least. No one else i know has problems like this, its always normal boot times, i was wondering if anyone knew why this happened or if there was anything i could do to optimize (shorten) my boot times. thanks!

First thing I would try is (If you haven't already) go through your start up files in msconfig and clean them up this should help the boot time a bit and possably help the spastic boot times if one of your start up files are causing this delay .....

Try going to

http://www.xp-erience.org and then use their tweaks, but one tweak I know that may help you is using bootvis which can also be found on that page as a tweak.

Its microsoft product to speed up your boot time..
    Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Yodums is sooooooooooooooo correct it is a great site with every kind of tweak even too many for me and I tweak and regedit until my fingers bleed!

search for bootvis if you are the lazy type.
    MOBO > Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 bios
    CPU & Cooler > 8350 vishera
    MEMORY > Corsair 16gb ddr3
    POWER SUPPLY > Corsair 600W CX600
    VIDEO CARD > Sapphire 5450 1GB ram
    HDDs/Optical drives > 8 drives over 8TB
    SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
    USB > Usb Devices Plugged to Mobo?
    O/S > windows 7 Ultimate
    Case > Antec P180 with lots of 12cm fans running

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster© Silversinksam's Avatar
    Heres a tip I stumbled upon for faster shutdowns and it seems to work great with no degradation of files being written to hdd @shutdown

Open up REGEDIT and goto "HKCURRENTUSER\Control Panel\Desktop\

and set the setting "HungAppTimeout" to 5000(which is default) and make "WaitToKillAppTimeout" 4000(20000 is default)

Also, go to "HKLOCALMACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\W aitToKillServiceTimeout" and make that 4000 too.

BACK UP YOU'RE REGISTRY BEFORE YOU PLAY WITH IT
    -15 May 2012: On Hiatus helping bees and the planet at the moment

-You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster© Silversinksam's Avatar
    For Boot up you can try BootVis

BootVis is a system analyzer and boot optimization tool. Reports on PC sites show a decreased booting time of Windows XP up to 50%

Check it out
    -15 May 2012: On Hiatus helping bees and the planet at the moment

-You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware

thanks a lot guys. i'll try it all out and tell you what happens.

Tweak programs or start-up (msconfig). So far I can't complain tooooooooo much about this OS, it encodes video fine, edits my music just fine so far I'm happy

for me it wasn't the "vitamin bar"....mostly just after logging in (network settings....bleah)

after installing i did notice a faster boot thru the bar....and logging in was MUCH faster....lets see if it'll stay that way!
    Join the Folding@Home Team!

How would you listen to a fish?

- Mr. Rogers