• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World Community Grid Team?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merlin7777

I just found out about this. Anyone interested?

Link.

Looks like you could download one client for multiple purposes. But those purposes are not exactly under your control if anyone cares.

Yep, we got a team, I think we have 12 active members. We're ranked 1,273 so we could definately use some help.

Attachments

• WCG.jpg
    WCG.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 647
Yeah, I just happened to cruise over to the DC depository and see it at the bottom of the list. I must have missed it. Sorry. But, yeah, I think I will join. Although I am running short on spare cycles. 1 computer with F@H, Rosetta, and SETI running. I need to get some more comps. Building one in 2 months! It will be sweet and a freakin' monster for distributed computing.

Welcome to the team!
bigglasses.gif

WCG is a great place to contribute to. It's so much more friendly and upfront than the United Devices Cancer project. I was a member there for years before defecting to WCG.

And yes, we sure could use the help! Anyone else out there reading this, feel free to sign up!

Karbon said:
Argh...too many good projects for too few computers :bang head

tis the truth. i hope to be getting 2-3 more compies up and running soon (if i can get the time to get to King_Warg's to save his cluster from hitting the garbage bin.)

Hello

I have been running this for awhile for overclockers.com.
I have 2 pcs running 24/7 and 1 other one that I try to keep going 24/7 untill the wife shuts it down (her pc).

Keep folding
Fordman

Glad to hear that you're keeping this going. :beer:

One day, when I get a job, I plan on compiling a small farm and perhaps this will be one of the projects I'll help out with.

IIRC WCG does many different projects (like BOINC) where fah is a single project with it's own client. I think WCG does things ranging from protein folding (similar to fah) to fighting AIDS, to bird flu.

I'm thinking of contributing some of my DC power to World Community Grid, specifically for this project: Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2

I'd like to see other members that are interested in DC projects join in on this. Of course, I am not trying to rob resources from our other DC teams but if ya got some spare change spare CPU cycles, maybe consider throwing some this way. ;)

I'll add it to the list of things to attack, it'll be a bit (~5 months), but then there'll be a 980x brutalizing things :D

Rosetta's fileserver ate it and I'm out of work and SETI doesn't have any CPU tasks, so I've applied my 980x to this for the time being.

I just signed up and added a box. Let's see how this works. So far the RAM footprint is very light compared to Rosetta. Me likes :)

I noticed that too, 11 threads uses a whopping 1.7gb rather then 4.5!

I read up on WCG. They use to use United Devices, which was a project by one of the SETI or BOINC founders. But over time, they went to all BOINC and canned UD. That's a testament to how good BOINC is for DC. Now only of F@H took the time to port their Uniproc CPU client to BOINC...

Back