• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about p5w dh and ram/fsb settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikep7779

Hello, i have a quick question about when i increase my FSB. When i overclock my FSB, it changes the speeds of my ram, is there anyway to disable this? I want to see what my max FSB is at stock ram settings, changes the divider as it sees fit.... This is very confusing for me coming from a AMD 2600+ system. I know when you change the FSB the ram is overclocked, but i want the ram to be at its stock settings and see what i can get out of the chip.

Btw, at stock settings, my mobo sees my ram at pc2-4100 when in fact its (see below)

Pc2 6400 Ocz Platinum rev 2 2x1024
P5W DH DELUXE
e6600
700w psu
1900xt 512mb

Under your FSB settings in BIOS, you have the option to lower the divder of the RAM to what you see fit. You should set it to 1:1 until you find your max FSB....

mikep7779 said:
I dont see any of this. Im under the "Jumperless configuration"

Is should be RIGHT under where you change the FSB.... It's called DRAM speed I think.... What BIOS are you running?

I see that, but how do i set the divider, i can only set the speed of the ram with that.

Setting your speed gives you the diverder....

Example:

You're running 266 FSB. To run a 1:1 diveder, double that number (DDRII) and set that as your RAM speed, 532 Mhz.

Alright, then for 2:3, i times the speed by 3 and set it?

So to run a 1:1 at 300 cpu FSB, i set my ram to 600?
My ram is pc2-6400, so it can run at a FSB of 400 for the CPU correct?

I found out what the issue was. I was stupid. After reading a bit on the dividers, i set my system back down to 1:1 and it fixed all my issues. Im where i want to be now. 3.0ghz with no extra voltage.

Yep (well that's what it says on the end of the box for my E6600)

+++edit... BTW.... you'll get a whole lot better than 300fsb out of that sucker!

fritzman said:
Yep (well that's what it says on the end of the box for my E6600)

+++edit... BTW.... you'll get a whole lot better than 300fsb out of that sucker!

Yea, i dont want to mess with voltage at this time. Im at 330 fsb with no change in the voltage, seems to be rock stable. Ive only gamed on it tho, will run others tests later.

Back