• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance PC's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arca_ex

Well, I finally got around to ordering a bigger better power supply, so I chose the Silverstone Zues 560w PSU. Everything went smoothly while ordering, it shipped out in time, but I didn't get a tracking number until 24 hours before it arrived with UPS ground. Another thing is that when I got the package and looked at the packing list, it was all correct on the front side, but on the backside it had a receipt for an order that Fry's Electronics placed for a TJ-06 window side panel and a fan controller, I thought that was odd. What made me really mad was when I opened the package, pulled out the PSU box, only to find that they shipped me the wrong one...

So now here in front of me is a Silverstone Strider 560w with dual 12v rails, exactly what I didn't want for my power hungry Intel system. I sent out an e-mail about 4 hours ago asking what steps I should take to either get the correct item that I ordered, or get a full refund of what I paid including shipping to me and the cost of shipping the unit back to them. Now all I can do is wait for a response.

They busted my stones when i ordered something from them and they sent me the wrong thing.

They blamed everybody but themselves for the mistake, and refused to pay return shipping.

Needless to say they are on my do not buy list, not because they refused to pay return shipping or because they sent the wrong but because of thier rude custumer service.

Good thing it was only a $10 item or I would have raised all kinds of trouble.

Good luck with your psu though, hope it gets resolved.

Well this one was more in the range of $120. But I did get an e-mail back from one of the reps saying that they had it drop shipped from the factory (and it shows that on the UPS tracking) and that I should be contacted by Silverstone tomorrow, and they will pay for all shipping for the exchange, so far so good.

*Knock on wood*

Funny because I have ordered a lot from them in the past and never had any problems. Most if not all of my wc gear came from them and the owner was always there taking care of my orders. I have not ordered from them since last year though so I cannot say how things have gone since then. Hopefully this is just an isolated case because they always treated me right.

I was just on the site this week looking at ordering some parts, I am still going to order from them due to past experiences so I will post up mine as well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT: on a sidebar note.. the PSU was drop shipped to you from Silverstone so the fact that they screwed up on the UPS notification and they screwed up on the sending you the wrong PSU should be more of an an issue with Silverstone rather than Performance PC's don't you think? If Performance PC's did not have it in stock and had to wait till Silverstone shipped them the part then you would have had to have waited 3x as long, don't forget that if they would have screwed up the order and sent the wrong part to them then you are talking and even longer delay. I guess this is the nature of doing business online and an inherent risk we take. I have a habit of always contacting prior to ordering anything online to see if it is in stock. I did so with a part I ordered today as a matter of fact and I was contacted in less than an hour confirming it is in stock. I just now ordered as well so I will keep you posted. I am confident I will not have any issues though, I never have in the past. I have always had courteous customer service even after I called in well after I placed an order and completely changed it..

I am all for posting when someone has crappy service but in this case it seems like you jumped the gun and started the thread without even waiting for a reply from someone on their end and bashed them before you were able to get the complete story straight. Nice work.

Last edited:
I got a call from Silverstone today, they shipped out the correct PSU with a tracking number and sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label to send the other one back to them, looks good so far.

*Again, knocks on wood*

EDIT: and also, can you please calm down, I'm only stating what has happened so far, and so far Performance PC's has had generally quick responses that help me as a customer, I'm very satisfied with thier customer service and how fast they are at turning things around. Another thing, in the first post I was a little upset at the time if you couldnt tell, because this is the first order I have ever placed with Performance PC's. Again, I'm only stating what has happened so far, jeez...

demonR6 said:
I am all for posting when someone has crappy service but in this case it seems like you jumped the gun and started the thread without even waiting for a reply from someone on their end and bashed them before you were able to get the complete story straight. Nice work.

I don't think he bashed the company at all. He simply stated his frustration of his mis-order on the forum( it's here for this purpose also ) in a very civil way. On his follow-up post, he stated he was contacted by Performance PC with the proper info. I don't see a problem with this post at all.

So, the final statement: Performance PC's is a great seller, nice and fast. The fault was on Silverstone, but they paid for shipping both ways for the exchange, and I actually got a call from a real person to resolve it. In the end I got what I payed for, definately will look at Performance PC's for any parts I may need.

I had something similar happen to me, but the issue wasn't Performance-PCs sending me the wrong PSU but with the manufacturer packing the wrong model number in the box for the PSU I ordered. I ordered a Tagan TG-580-U22 but was sent a shrink-wrapped TG-480-U22 in a TG-580-U22 box.
It was really bizarre but Performance-PCs handled it promptly and paid for my return shipping on the incorrect PSU.

Hank has always been a courteous guy to deal with and I shop there quite frequently and that was the first time I have ever had a problem.

Back