• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The world is fading away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ticktock123

Hello everyone. How are you all doing? Up here in MN i am having a slight problem. I am using a Creative Inspire® T5400 5.1 speaker system. These are a newer version of my EXACT speakers but the same model type.

Here is my problem. I have had them for a while and they work GREAT i love them and recomend them out...*side note*

For a reason, i am not so sure on, the speaker sound is starting to fade out then come back to full strength. Befor you think that it is JUST the fact that they are getting old...when i put my headphones on (BTW they are great headphones and i KNOW they work). When i put them on the sound does it for them too. Granted i do plug them in to the controler for the speakers.

I looked though the config files and i don't seem to have a fader on or some kind of EAX or such. Does anyone have anything that i could use to test or anyother thoughts.

BTW how is everyone doing?! :)

Take care
KF

My dad has this problem on his computer running some crappy 8 year old altec speakers. He thinks that the problem is the cable, which he has replaced a few times with no benifits, but IMO the problem is his crappy soundcard. What sound card are you running yours on? You could try a driver wipe and then reinstall whatever sound drivers or software you use and see if that fixes anything.

When i put them on the sound does it for them too. Granted i do plug them in to the controler for the speakers.
Try plugging your headphones directly into the soundcard's audio out jack to confirm whether it's the speakers' control unit or the soundcard affecting the volume. If they still do it when they're connected directly you'd have ID'd the soundcard (and/or) drivers as the problem. You should also confirm that you're not using any programs that reduce or change the system volume [AIM has a 'reduce IM sounds' setting for instance].

If the headphones stop changing volumes when connected directly to the audio-out jack then the speakers are likely the cause and would need to be replaced.

Back