• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P5B Deluxe Bios ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i believe bloop and i are talking about what we have set in bios - bloop, when i was orthos stable at 465x7 I was also running 1.4125

I currently have 2.3volts going to ram, and all other volts are auto

buckbuster, yes its my bios setting. in windows its reading is around 1.36~.

killaapp, we have very similar settings then except for ram. Hope mine will be orthos stable like yours if not i'll turn it up to 1.425 too. My ram wont boot at anything over 945 2.15v tho, i think its pushed too far already. so im kinda bottlenecked by it. Plus the hot weather here in LA i dont think my cooling would allow me to go higher anyway :bang head

Will post back tomorrow.

thanks guys.

My E6600 certainly likes its Vcore ... up to 2.95 gig can just about get away with stock voltages, 2.95-3.14gig about 1.41V (in bios = 1.38V measured), but then up to 3.2gig and above it needs much more volts and is not worth it - ie 1.45V.

At 1.41V - max temp of core is 53C which I thinks OK, and it idles at 36C which is fine.

Mark.

I wish I had your guys idle temps...

Buckster what cooler do you have? I get ~ the same load temp at 1.525V and I can tell you I get no where near that at idle. BTW I sit in ~ the same range you gave for voltages as well.

FreezerPro - although Asus probe says 38 -its about 41 in TAT/coretemp.

Mark.

After 9 hours of orthos my temp went up to 55~ I didnt bother looking at TAT coz im sure its somewhere around the 60s. I guess mines stable now, next thing i need to work on now is to how to keep this cpu cool :D

Attachments

• 465.jpg
    465.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 716
Bloop - I wouldn't be so worried about TAT temps ... you may find the AsusProbe ones are too high ...

on my Mobo

<45C - Asusprobe is too low ...

51C - Asusprobe about right ...

>53C - Asusprobe is too high ...

Also - I tend to find my HIGHEST temp in Orthos is after about 5 mins - there seems to be certain tests that work the CPU much hotter than others.

Mark.

Yes, 1.4125 killaapp.

Buckster, on low oc's i think its alright to leave voltages on auto. But when you go high its advisable to set it manually. Sometimes auto sets it way too high. When i set mine on auto at 465 its reading 1.55ish on windows, so if i'm right it should be somewhere around 1.6 in the BIOS. When right now at the same FSB speed but seems to be stable at only 1.36v~(windows) 1.4125 Bios. I guess it all depends by board and bios too :)

BLOOP! said:
Yes, 1.4125 killaapp.

Buckster, on low oc's i think its alright to leave voltages on auto. But when you go high its advisable to set it manually. Sometimes auto sets it way too high. When i set mine on auto at 465 its reading 1.55ish on windows, so if i'm right it should be somewhere around 1.6 in the BIOS. When right now at the same FSB speed but seems to be stable at only 1.36v~(windows) 1.4125 Bios. I guess it all depends by board and bios too :)

Bloop! that makes me wonder if we should be manually setting the other motherboard voltages. I am wondering if by leaving sb, nb, fsb term, ich on auto the mobo is just maxing those out. I bet we could lower mobo temps by manually setting some of those voltages.

Bloop - thanks.

I've been busy ....

this is with Corsair 6400 C5 RAM, E6600 (Week 24), anyone ever got the C5 to run at C3 at under 700 MHz ?

Bit disappointing when set to 4:5 at 345 that the Corsair couldn't do 860 at 5-5-5-12 :(

343x9, CAS4, 1.4V, 1.95V, ORTH STABLE
345x9, CAS4, 1.41, 1.95, ORTH STABLE
345x9, CAS4, 1.40V, 1.95V, ORTH STABLE
345x9, CAS5 4:5, 1.41, 2.0V, ORTH 2 mins NOT STABLE
346x9, CAS4, 1.40, 1.95V, ORTH 12 mins NOT STABLE
348x9, CAS4, 1.41, 1.95V, ORTH 10 mins NOT STABLE
348x9, CAS4, 1.41, 2.0V, ORTH STABLE
350x9, CAS4, 1.42, 2.0V, ORTH 6 mins NOT STABLE
350x9, CAS4, 1.41, 2.0V, ORTH 3 mins NOT STABLE
352x9, CAS4, 1.4375, 2.0V, ORTH STABLE
354x9, CAS4, 1.45V, 2.0V, ORTH 9mins NOT STABLE
354x9, CAS4, 1.43, 2.0V, ORTH 15 mins NOT STABLE
356x9, CAS5, 1.43, 1.95V, ORTH 3mins NOT STABLE
356x9, CAS5, 1.45V, 2.0V, ORTH NOT STABLE
401x8, CAS5, 1.43, 1.95, ORTH NO CHANCE
401x8, CAS5, 1.46, 2.0V, ORTH NO CHANCE

Buck, i dont know much about ram. all i know is your ram has to be ran at 1:1 to be stable on this board. But mine did 4:5 at 945. sorry dude, lets see what the others have to say.

Kill, i'm in the office right now. I havent played with those settings yet. Actually i dont know what the bios are setting those voltages and the default. Technically lower voltage = lower temps right? But at such high fsb speeds i think we need to crank up the MCH voltage. I'm not sure somebody correct me.

Try reading this thread tho.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112077&page=2

Let us know what you find out. I'll try it later. Thanks :)

Bloop! I noticed that too about auto vcore. I run 450x7 with my 6300 and my temps were really high so I checked my vcore and it was at 1.55v. Went in to BIOS and set it to 1.325v and my temps lowered a lot and its been 100% stable for over 2 weeks now, not a single issue. Both Orthos and gaming stable.

Well.....I just flashed to 0614 and now my damn mb wont post. So pretty much I'm out of a computer till I get the ****ing thing RMA'd. Thanks a bunch asus.

hyperasus said:
Well.....I just flashed to 0614 and now my damn mb wont post. So pretty much I'm out of a computer till I get the ****ing thing RMA'd. Thanks a bunch asus.
Not good. Now I don't want to update to it.

hyperasus said:
Well.....I just flashed to 0614 and now my damn mb wont post.
I don't understand... ASUS offers at least three ways to recover from a bad BIOS load (or version), one solution involves using the included ASUS Utilities & drivers CD. Look up ASUS "Crashfree" BIOS 3 utility in the user guide for detailed instructions.

I just had to update the friggen thing even though it was running fine with 507. I flashed using Asus Update in windows. Same way I've done it every time since the first P5WD2 I owned. I even went threw the trouble of setting to auto speeds before flashing. Just don't understand why it would do me like this:bang head . I'm too ****ed off to even think right now so guess I will just go to bed and deal with it tomorrow.

Ya usually if something goes wrong it will ask for the driver CD and repair the bios from that. Problem is it wont even post. Fans turn on and everythign seems to be working ok except nothing shows on the screen. I even tried removing my pci e video cards and booting on a pci card. No luck.

Back