• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P5B Deluxe Bios ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
official now - its on the HTTP site :)

Seems a good-un to me - much improved - perhaps this is the catch-up for the E6600s ...

before >332fsb was a no no at 1:1, at 335 couldn't get above 1 min prime stable, even with Vcore at 1.45, VNorthbridge up, memory to 2V etc.

Now with new bios, just completed 20 mins of 339 fsb, at 1:1, with Vcore at 1.38V, memory at 1.9V, and everything else at auto

I'm pleased.

Mark.

I dont see it on their site. Still using the beta, it improved my oc a bit. My ram sucks cant do >333 FSB still.

Nice clocks tho :)

thanks - their site is a bit random, I checked earlier - not there, then 30mins later was there. A friend of mine was having probs finding it though.

Still increasing - now 343 Orthos stable - definate improvement, equates to 3090 MHz, not amazing, but its a E6600 and I'm still at 1.35V actual :)

Mark.

wierd huh? wonder why asus does that. or maybe theres just a problem with their site. they need new site developers :d

You guys makes me jealous, i need a new set of ram. Mine wont go past 333 no matter how high voltage i give it. Mines at 1.35 too. Keep pushing it and Post some screenshots

border, I tried that 401 and it did boot. actually i was able to bench. but when i restarted it didnt boot and instead it gave me like 4 or 5 consecutive beeps.
tried rebooting for a couple of times but still.

Anyway, right now i'm doing orthos at 372x7 and still going. My ram is at 465 (4:5). The only thing that i changed is the VCore, i left it at auto.

BLOOP! said:
i just checked asus' website and its listed. its official now. :)
yup...just downloaded... however, I'll wait a bit first as I'm still trying to "fight" w/ this board (507) right now... I think it does have some sort of FSB problem... I can't run anything under 400fsb regardless voltage and setting!! now I finally like what the h#ll, I went straight to 407x8 (E6600), and it's been orthos'ing over an hour now... (before it can't even run for more than 10mins!!) still crossing my fingers...

Had the same problem with the 507 anything above 315 it wouldnt post. 614 Beta improved my oc a lot, i dunno if should re-flash again. now im at 465 with my E6300 1:1. It did orthos for 2 hours and 30 mins before it errors out. But im looking looking for the lowest stable vcore it would run at at those spees. I just turned it up a notch lets see what happens tonight.

1.4125v 465 x 7. I just started orthos. I'm gonna check tomorrow morning when i wake up and i'll leave it running until i get home from work. Evverything else is at auto except for vcore and my memory which is at 2.15v

when people quote their Vcores are you talking what is set in bios or what is actually "read" by probe software in Windows ?

thanks, Mark.

Back