• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet explorer users (And Firefox, too), do you F11 your window?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Do you full screen browse?

• yes

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • no

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • sometimes but not that often

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters

@md0Cer

Do you use the full screen function? I just lately started doing it and I love that extra bit of screen room dedicated to whatever web site I am looking at. Then again I have a 17inch CRT running at 1024X768....

Just curious how many other people browse in fullscreen mode.

Never. But my screen is 20" and I run a high res, so I'm not missing out.

Why not edit the poll to include FF users? Opera too. I for one use IE as little as possible.

generally when I am using IE I try to spend as little ammount of time on it as possible. I use f11 on opera and fire fox but when Im in IE i just rush to finnish whatever it is that I need to do.

Made a small change to the title. I hope I'm not out of line :)

I use it on occaision. I like the little bit of extra room I get. If I'm reading a story or something online it's useful :)

Learn somthing new every day !! Didn't know about this one .....
So the answer to your question is I didn't then,but I do now !
.....................Thanx...................

I usually doing too many other things to devote the entire screen to FF. Also hides the fiel menu, which I don't like. Plus, it's not like a game I need to run fullscreen, it's just a browser window.

I never really use F11. The room it gives me is not a large enough amount for me to really care. I have however done it once or twice for reports and just used Alt+Tab to switch from it to word.

Last edited:
Oni said:
Made a small change to the title. I hope I'm not out of line :)

You are and you owe me $50 for being such a @#@%@^#&%#$*^#* out of line person.... :D

I do not normally use the full-screen view as I have several windows open at a time.

I use it for some content, but not often.

Most the time, I accidentally hit it by mistake. Then I run it until I get tired of it. The F12 just annoys me. I do use F6 alot.

It works for IE also. Opera does not like to co-operate with that keystroke for some reason. :shrug:

I only use it if I'm spending a lot of time on one single webpage reading through forum posts or news articles just so that I can get just a little bit more text onto the screen.

Remove said:
I do now. Never knew about it before.
I'm sorry... but I LOL'd.

I just F11 my browser whenever I'm running a very large web-page, some seem to be made for people with 2400x1800 monitors or something...

I use F6 much more often... all the time...

i have my bar on the bottom auto hide. so i don't lose that space.

and, i have it set to "always on top" so whenever i put my mouse down there, it pops up, being ontop of other windows, not forcing them to get smaller. Plus, i can change the transparancy of it. So even with it up, i could still read ( though i can't go to 100% transparant, so reading through it would still be annoying ). I do this with a program called Aston. replaces the defult XP shell, with a different ( and in my opinion ) and better shell.

so the only reason i need to do that is to get rid of the two bars on the top, on the Firefox window. so its kinda pointless for me.

so i guess i'm always in F11 mode, so to say. and i love it like this.

Back