• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobthemoo

If i were to go to the States and take advantage of your incredibly cheap component prices; they would still work here in England right? I would, however, buy a PSU in England, but was just curious as to the rest of the components.

Thanks

Yep, with a switch on the back of the psu to choose between our 110 volts and your 220 volts, the only difference in PC's is the power cord that's made to plug into your style of outlet.

Have a great trip.

BTW, to make the airport security easier, pack the PC hardware into cases for the cargo hold, and try to leave it in the origional packaging so they don't think you're some mad bomber or something.

I don't think you will experience our "amazing prices". Well, one, you will have to pay for shipping. Two, who knows, you might have to pay on the GB border for importing those parts.

Krogen said:
I don't think you will experience our "amazing prices". Well, one, you will have to pay for shipping. Two, who knows, you might have to pay on the GB border for importing those parts.

You do, us in the UK will be charged customs duty and VAT on the borders for commercial mail.

The only option as far as I've been told is to have a friend in the US who can order the products for you and ship them labeled as 'gifts' apparently.

Krogen, believe me, US prices are amazing. :)

Last edited:
Last time I went my dad bought a new ibook. He just took it out of the box and put it in his rucksack like it was his work-top.

bobthemoo said:
Last time I went my dad bought a new ibook. He just took it out of the box and put it in his rucksack like it was his work-top.

Well yes of course you can do that, I was merely stating the obstacles that you face ordering from the US. Although things may get interesting when you're transporting a brand new Midi Tower through customs. :D

Back