• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom3 Revisited.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

I recently bought this from ebay for like $15, boxed 3-cd version. The first time I played I borrowed it from a buddy, so it was kind of a hasty 'play it through and get him his cds back' thing.

Now I want to play again (obviously, I bought it) with my not-really-new-but-kinda machine, but mod the heck out of it. I don't mean personally, really, more like download some good mods. (light mods, weapon mods, whathaveyou.)

Anyone have suggestions or favorite mods? I know the game is pretty dated but I'm hoping someone has some ideas. =D I googled and found a bunch of mods, but they only have terse explanations and no real reviews, and given the sheer number, the idea of trying all the ones that sound remotely interesting is pretty daunting.

My favourite mod is the Duct Tape Mod. It attaches your flashlight to your base weapons (pistol, shotgun, and machine gun), and can make exploring certain areas of the game much easier. I don't honestly consider this cheating, either, but some might.

Oni said:
My favourite mod is the Duct Tape Mod. It attaches your flashlight to your base weapons (pistol, shotgun, and machine gun), and can make exploring certain areas of the game much easier. I don't honestly consider this cheating, either, but some might.

Lol, good name for the mod :D!

"Monsters, Fear Teh DUCTAPE powerzz!"

Definitely going to get duct tape or something similar. I don't consider it 'cheating' either. =p

I know the lack of lights on weapons was a design decision for ambience, but I'm pretty ok with giving a space marine hundreds of space-years in the future a space-light on his space-gun. ;)

There was some mod to change the ambient music. Some horror movie producer or something redid everything. That is the only mod that I used as the game was to easy even without duct tape.

I messed around with duct tape a little bit to see all of the different flashlights that you could use like the bat signal or thundercats logo.

Back