• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've SOLD my 2005fpw. Why? 27" of Samsung goodness!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

I LOVED my Dell 2005fpw, so I was VERY apprehensive about getting an LCD TV to replace it with a lower resolution. I loved the 1680x1050 it gave me, but 20.1" just isn't big enough. I didn't have the €1000 cash to spend on a 2407fpw or similar, so I went LCD TV hunting.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Samsung LE27T51B. :drool:

1fg.jpg

2fg.jpg

3fg.jpg

4fg.jpg

5fg.jpg

6fg.jpg

It's connected via the d-sub using a 5m vga cable and I have to say it is truley a worthy replacement. Not one dead pixel, it runs at the native res of 1366x768 wonderfully with no ghosting.

It has DVI too, but if you try and run the native res over DVI it will downscale it 720p so there's no point other than connecting a DVD player etc.

Text, which was my biggest concern, is absolutely perfect, the pictures don't do it justice so it's perfect for browsing.

In case you haven't guessed, i'm WELL pleased with the panel!

Take the plunge, I dare you! :D

Steve.

Question: Why would you want that? That's a small res. For 800 bucks, you can get a 244T which will run 1900x1280 res???

I take it the 2407'S cost more in Ireland.
It does look great tho, including the text which should be a weakness.

Is it mounted to the wall, or balanced precariously?:)

manbush said:
Question: Why would you want that? That's a small res. For 800 bucks, you can get a 244T which will run 1900x1280 res???

Not everything on the planet is in dollars you know.

1. The 244T over here is €1200 shipped, which is $1440.
2. The 244t is only 24".
3. As nice as 1920x1200 is, I can't run close to it in any game and i don't like running non native resolutions.
4. 1366x768 is plenty on a 27" panel let me assure you!
5. Mine has a TV tuner.
6. It was only €750. :D

It's mounted on a wall bracket, so it hangs nicely on the wall.

Oh, and the 2407fpw is over €1000 here from Dell, even though they make them down the road in Limerick!

looking good :) its a rip off what we have to pay for monitors and LCD tvs compared to the US. ive just bought a dell 2007FWP (gonna be delivered on friday) for £300 which had 25% off!!!

manbush said:

Actually its a bigger resolution than 1900x1280 if you want to get technical. And why are you bagging on the guys LCD? Question: What do you have that is so holy my friend?

good to hear you arent seeing any ghosting with it that along with the text you mentioned would have been my 2 biggest concerns.

does it not have a dvi input? (edit: bah read it again and see i missed where you said it did have dvi) im amazed at how good the text looks for the res and the dsub. looks like a great replacement :beer:

I know how hard it can be to run games @ 1920x1200 even with a xfire setup newer games will still drop to all but unplayable frames with a fair amount of eyecandy turned on.

Last edited:
im a resolution guy myself, I like being able to multitask without having to minimize windows and whatnot.

Dont get me wrong, i think the samsung is an unbeatable value over on your side of the pond if the 2407 is 1,400 over there. Its odd that they are double the price in the country it is made in.

Enjoy your new screen!

Edit: Hey, you wouldnt want to sell my 2407 for me would you? I could use 1400$ right now :-D

My god!

I'll trade you for my Philips 190P7EB? :D

If that had an altar below it, I would pray to it ;D

crfracer290 said:
Actually its a bigger resolution than 1900x1280 if you want to get technical. And why are you bagging on the guys LCD? Question: What do you have that is so holy my friend?

No need to ambush manbush :beer:

I didn't know he was from ireland. That monitor looks pretty but I don't like the low res. anything less than 1600x...doesn't feel right lol.

Another good thing about buying an actual HDTV monitor like the Samsung is the fact its 16:9 aspect ratio (wider) versus the usual 16:10 aspect found on PC monitors.

manbush said:
truthfully, the rez on there is still clear
iv got a 37" with the same rez, games look just crystal..i can only imagine how good they must look 10" smaller!

d94 said:
truthfully, the rez on there is still clear
iv got a 37" with the same rez, games look just crystal..i can only imagine how good they must look 10" smaller!
coming from a man thats had what 7 2007's and 3 2407's? :D

ive got a 19" WS and i love it, my buddies got a 27" LCD TV, he shoulda did a little more bargain hunting, its not that great, no-one that uses it for more than 10 mins likes it, ghosts, no dead pixels, but the HDTV and HDMI on it are crap, rarely work. so its good that yo found one that works perfectly

thegreek said:
why does the dvi downscale to 720? Can't you force it to display 1366x768

Unfortunately not, the panel won't display the native over the DVI input, only the d-sub which is kinda crap, I guess they only expect people to connect DVD players etc via the DVI.

The picture of the text doesn't even show how clear it is, it's absolutely perfect, flawless. And there's not a hint of ghosting.

I read, and reread tens and tens of reviews before I bought it, concerning PC connectivity, performance etc. I also got them to connect it to a laptop in my local electronics shop (and walked out without buying it, it was too much!).

It's an amazing panel for the price. :D

Back