• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Packard Bell system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

Help!!!
:(
I am trying to find out some info on this system. I have not seen it but have the following info on it.
Packard Bell model 955
IDNumber 845092101
model # PBL955
A cousin wanted to know if the memory could be expanded but I cannot even determine the basic specs of the system. I went to the website for Packard Bell and then to the website for their system support, http://www.priorityonesupport.com/, and got signed up. I still cannot find the model # on the site.
Does anyone know anything about these systems? I know it is about 2-3 years old so it may even be a 80486 system with 32 or 72 pin SIMMs....argh!!!

Thanks all!

That system had a AMD k6-2 333 chip, so should use pc100 memory. It came with 64mb of ram as standard and a 8.4gb hard disk.

The max ram it can take is 256mb using two slots.

PDL said:
Do you know if Model 955 is correct?
Or, is there some other way of finding the specs on it without opening it up?

Model 955 is a valid packard bell model, from the links i found it was one of the first systems to use the AMD k6-2 33 chip. You could use something like SISoft Sandra to check the specs of the machine.

Back