racing wheel..worth it?

im thinking about picking up a logitech racing wheel http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826128006 but im not sure if im ready to drop the $70 for it. sure its pretty cheap, but im not sure its actually worth it. i have a good gamepad...would getting this really heighten my racing experience? im thinking about picking up gtr 2 and nfs:mw.

4000+ Am2
    2gb g.skill ddr400
    x1950pro

My roommate has one for his PS2, and he absolutely loves it. I don't know how much he spent on it, but he said it makes games like GT4 (which he plays constantly) a lot more enjoyable. Still though, 70 bucks is a lot of money.

I have that exact wheel and I love it. The feel of the actual wheel is a grippy rubber and it feels awesome. The pedals have a different pressure feel to them (the brake pedal is a good bit harder to press down on than the gas) and this makes the pedals feel almost like a real car, not quite, but close enough. Another feature I like is this: I use my wheel on carpet and I was afraid the pedals would slide around when pressing down on them but it comes with these "teeth" that dig into the carpet and keep the pedals in place.

I almost never use the sequential gearbox on the side as it just seems out of place but the paddle shifters are very nice! They are a great addition in realistic games like GTR (and GTR 2 that you are planning on getting) and add a lot of depth to a race.

Overall for the price, I would definetely recommend this wheel.
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | Intel Centrino Duo T2300 1.67Ghz | 2GB DDR2 | Intel GMA 950 GFX |
    Heatware 8-0-0

I got mine on eBay like a year something ago for dirt cheap, like $55 shipped and it was brand new never even been touched. It is a lot of fun using it, you just have to find racing games to use it with. I haven't actually used it in a while...
    My Heatware
    i7 920@4Ghz/CM Cosmos 1000
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2/Enermax DXX 1KW
    OCZ Platinum 3x2GB
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD x2/WD Green 1TB x3
    Hanns-G 28in/HIS Radeon 6950
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Logitech Z-5500

It depends on the game, for some they work great with for others they're worthless. I've got a MadCatz one that works with all last gen systems (xbox, ps2, Dreamcast, GameCube). It was really cool at first but the novelty wore off fairly quick.

Yea, I've tried using mine on the ps2 and It just doesn't work very good. However, I really only use it for the PC anyways with sims like GTR and GTL. With those two, and some other sim style racing games (like richard burns rally), it shines.
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | Intel Centrino Duo T2300 1.67Ghz | 2GB DDR2 | Intel GMA 950 GFX |
    Heatware 8-0-0

Is there a racing wheel setup that has a clutch? and a game to go with? That would make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo0
    Is there a racing wheel setup that has a clutch? and a game to go with? That would make it interesting.
    There are a couple but for what they cost you could buy a Wii, 360 or a Conroe CPU.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-96341.../dp/B000GP8448

Especially the Ferrari one that uses the real wheel pedals and shifter from the Enzo $10,000, YIKES!!!!
    Can't find link for it, have it in one of my STUFF magazines.

I would say yes for sure. I had one for my PS2 back in the day and it made some games that I thought to be pretty stupid extremly fun. The shifting with a good wheel just makes the games seem so much better.
    "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why." -Bernard Mannes Baruch

Mobo: MSI Neo2-V
    CPU: 2.8a Prescott @ 3.2
    PSU: Blue Storm 500 Watt
    GPU: Geforce 6600GT
    HS: Zalman 7000
    Ram: Kingston HyperX 1024mb 3200

Senior Member that
    wants to Be Banned
    Premium Member #16

10 Year Badge
    Its a pretty nice looking wheel for that price.
    #1Win72600k@4.5GHZ(Hyper212+)Msi P67 G65 16GB RAM evga560Ti
    Phones:Nexus 5(Love It) N4,N7, iphone5, One+One Ordered!
    Folded for Tim and his wife, Mark and his wife,Pete_Scout Oldskool and Adak..."He was the Best of us".
    The first 4 months you cover your phone and baby it...
    The next 4 months you go commando and relax...
    The last 4 months you treat it like a rented mule, because lets face it its time for a new phone...

I got the momo racing wheel. The driving experience is good; however, the controller isn't as durable as my microsoft sidewinder ff wheel. My microsoft sidewinder FF wheel lasted 7 years. before that I had a thrustmaster T2 wheel that lasted 6 years. The momo racing wheel offers a good driving experience but feels less durable and I don't think it will last 7 years. Also, you can get a clutch easy if you just get some extra peddles. I have peddles from old wheels that I have setup as a clutch.

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
    why wouldn't you just go outside and get in a real car?

(For me, I would prefer for my car to have Left/Right/Up/Down instead of the wheel lol)
    "Take only that which you can give"
    Need Help? IM me! I want to help the OC community!

MainComputer:
    E6400@2.69-4.0 gig RAM-8800GT
    ASUS P5N-E SLI

you should get a Driving force pro if you are cheap. it can be adjusted from anywhere between 180 degrees to 900.

the G25 is much much better. 2 motors instead of 1. it is made out of leather and steel instead of plastics. it has clutch pedal and 6speed/sequential shifter. 900 degrees and paddles as well.

I have a dfp i am happy with... but i am deffinatly buying the G25 when it comes out . the G25 is awsome.!!

G25>DFP>Momo
    www.liveforspeed.net
    Intel i7 4790k 4.4ghz +H220-X| ASRock Z97x Killer | AMD Perf. 4x4GB DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9 290 tri-x CFX| Samsung 840pro 256gb|
    640gig+1.5tb WD 7200rpm| Antec Twelve Hundred|Cooler Master V1000
    ASUS vg234QE 144hz monitor | CreAtive X-Fi XtremeMusic | Fanatec Porsche 911TS wheel Logitech g500. OCZ Elixir

Quote Originally Posted by twEEkerAreUs
    I got mine on eBay like a year something ago for dirt cheap, like $55 shipped and it was brand new never even been touched. It is a lot of fun using it, you just have to find racing games to use it with. I haven't actually used it in a while...
    you gave me an idea . i ordered one on ebay just now for $48 shipped.

4000+ Am2
    2gb g.skill ddr400
    x1950pro

Quote Originally Posted by elitebear4
    Great price! I think you'll be very pleased.

When you get it, tell us what you think
    Heatware 8-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by elitebear4
    Heh yeah, I really need to buy some racing games here. GT Legends demo was AMAZING when I tried it out a while ago but I think it has Starforce blahhhhh. Need For Speed sucks using steering wheels, at least competitively online but the cop chasing mode using it rocks.
    My Heatware
    i7 920@4Ghz/CM Cosmos 1000
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2/Enermax DXX 1KW
    OCZ Platinum 3x2GB
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD x2/WD Green 1TB x3
    Hanns-G 28in/HIS Radeon 6950
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by twEEkerAreUs
    Heh yeah, I really need to buy some racing games here. GT Legends demo was AMAZING when I tried it out a while ago but I think it has Starforce blahhhhh.
    GT Legends was more fun than GTR imo. Its an awesome game.
    Heatware 8-0-0

hey just to give you guys an update, i got my momo wheel today and im loving every minute of it! gtr2 is simply amazing with it.

4000+ Am2
    2gb g.skill ddr400
    x1950pro

A game i am sure you guys will love with a wheel is Live for speed. probably one of the most realistic racing sims as far as physics are concerned. Check it out at www.liveforspeed.net you can play online and its awesome.