• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Config on a Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

I have a '77 Boni heater core. I was wondering if anyone has expiermented with configuring it in push or pull configs. Which is better?

I have always done pull through the radiator from outside the case in. There is one other option you left out which is both push/pull, I beleive that is the best method. Takes up more space though since you have a fan on either side of the rad. As for the difference between push/pull alone I would think pull is better, but even if it isnt you are not talking a huge performance incerease.

My suggestion is pulling cooler air through the rad or using push/pull combined.

I can eiter push or I can pull... I prefer to push in my case becasue it offers the easiest setup in my situation.

Technically a 'pull' config is supposed to be ever so slightly better. In real world performance I doubt you would see much of a difference assuming you have a shroud and a good seal. By not much I mean seeing a degree difference would be surprising.

On the flip side the use of a decent shroud will definitely make a difference. If you arent using one yet I highly suggest it ;)

Back