• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flight Simulator X is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Below is a screenshot of me testing out an engine fire, one of the many failures that can happen in FSX in the CRJ.

This game is AMAZING. In the screenshot I had the graphics settings on somewhat low to medium settings and my 2.35GHz Athlon XP, 768mb of ram, and ATi X700 Pro 256mb was SCREAMING FOR MERCY!!! I tried this game out on my freinds computer, he has a much more modern system, and it is AMAZING.

The simulation aspect has improved too! The stuff in the cockpit, the EFIS and everything is the same as it is on the CRJ even. You can control the APU, all that good stuff.

Attachments

• fsx.jpg
    fsx.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3,704
The full version does, and I haven't played around with the demo enough to really see, but I don't think it does.

tried this game today and i must say, Microsoft can do alot better, with all video,planes,textures,landscape settings maxed out it still didnt look all that great. also kept getting flickers on the screen, video card not overclocked at the moment. Also everytime i tried to fly the plane that lands on water when i would load up a map the plane would be on the runway! Whaaaa.... it dont have wheels it cant take off from the runway, and after searching for the correct location to take off from i uninstalled the game. wasnt worth my Hard drive space, i can use the space for PRon, atleast ill get something out of PRon!LOL J/K!

mage_x said:
Post some more screens?

Gladly.

fsx2.jpg

Ok, so some of you must be saying..so what..I've seen better. Keep in mind though, that even the water behind the plane was moving, and the reflections and light was moving accordingly!!

Also something impressive about this, look at the red text in the upper part of the screen, I managed to tweak the graphics so they looked like that, and I still got 15-25 FPS!

Also keep in mind this is a 3 year old computer I have.

2.3GHz Athlon XP at 172FSB
256X3=768MB of various ram sticks running at that speed and stock timings
ATi Radeon X700 Pro 256mb running at 446MHz core 490MHz ram.

Not bad for those specs eh?

liftedcj7on44s said:
tried this game today and i must say, Microsoft can do alot better, with all video,planes,textures,landscape settings maxed out it still didnt look all that great. also kept getting flickers on the screen, video card not overclocked at the moment. Also everytime i tried to fly the plane that lands on water when i would load up a map the plane would be on the runway! Whaaaa.... it dont have wheels it cant take off from the runway, and after searching for the correct location to take off from i uninstalled the game. wasnt worth my Hard drive space, i can use the space for PRon, atleast ill get something out of PRon!LOL J/K!

Just get 3 or 4 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136003

You will then have space for all the game demos you want and enough pr0n for EVERYBODY! :p lol j/k

the plane and water have ok graphics, but i think the ground and the sky could be slightly better quality. but hey its good for low to medium settings :)

Here is another, again, still on low to medium graphics with MUCH smaller texture sizes and complexity than my computer can even handle.

DSCF0650.jpg

EDIT: Ooops I copied the wrong link.

fsx3.jpg

There we go. :cool:

Last edited:
Im gonna have to pick this up, looks like tooo much fun :)

Should play nicely with my 6700/X1900XT as well ;)

It is almost impossible without a joystick.

Anyway, I had an AMAZING landing. I don't think I have ever landed so smooth in FS before. The only thing I can't figure out is the ILS. Maybe the runways in the FS demo don't even have ILS? Anyone know?

I searched through every airport in the demo, and no ILS frequencies anywhere. I can't wait to do some ILS approaches in the soup.

Once the modders starts releasing new planes, it will be amazing.

fs01.JPG

hmmmm.. @mdocer, I've got a similar system as you albeit with a bit higher GHZ and more RAM.... I'll have to give it a shot. What screen res are you running. I find if I back the rez dow to 1024x768 or 800x600 then I can usually turn on all the eye candy with no problems.

Oh my god....oh my god...

I LOVE the MS FS Series. It's probably the most entertaining series of games Microsoft has ever made. I used to play MS FS 98 as a kid, and I absolutely loved FS 2000.

I'm really looking forward to this one. And I'm downloading the demo now.

Back