• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-6OXET

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

Does anybody have some specs on this board or a site where they might have some. Like how many FSB options and how high the CV goes. TIA!:D

you are also interested in this board? I am wondering what is STR which is not available in this board that is lacking info. Hence, if you know, can share?

I have one and I don't like it much.
The cpu vcore with the newest bios goes to 1.80v with the original bios it went to 1.825v

Whenever the cpu voltage is set to anything but the default it won't reboot. I have to turn off the power and back on to get a boot again.

I contacted gigabyte several times in hopes they would look into it but I only got dumb replies saying they do not support overclocking and when I told them this was at the default cpu speed they said the cpu should only be used at the default voltage.

Besides that its ok I was not able to overclock any more than with my abit vh6-ii

STR=suspend to ram.
Its like a standby mode for power conservation.

You can download the manual for it from gigabyte.

Last edited:
Placid said:
I have one and I don't like it much.
The cpu vcore with the newest bios goes to 1.80v with the original bios it went to 1.825v

Whenever the cpu voltage is set to anything but the default it won't reboot. I have to turn off the power and back on to get a boot again.

I contacted gigabyte several times in hopes they would look into it but I only got dumb replies saying they do not support overclocking and when I told them this was at the default cpu speed they said the cpu should only be used at the default voltage.

Besides that its ok I was not able to overclock any more than with my abit vh6-ii

STR=suspend to ram.
Its like a standby mode for power conservation.

You can download the manual for it from gigabyte.

Do you have the GA-60XET-C even if you do/don't you may find this bios interesting:D Supposedly it has a turbo pLL setting that allows you to set the PCI at what ever you want no matter the fsb. It also is supposed to allow vcores to 1.825v. I t was only up on GB's site for like two days and then they took it down. Not sure how true it is since I don;t own the board but i have nad a few tell me the bios is the shiznitz. IU am planning on getting the 60XET-c version for my tualatin when it gets back to me from repair. I can just imagine how high I will be able to go with that board with the turbo pLL allowing me to set my PCI bus in spec at 180fsb:D

Just a ga-60xet.
Yes it says the vcore goes to 1.825v and it did with bios F1.
Every other bios version up to F7 it only went to 1.800

This is the main reason I went back to the vh6-t as I was using a 1ghz P3 in it and needed all the vcore I could get.

Hope you have better luck with your's when you get it.

Last edited:
Placid said:
Just a ga-60xet.
Yes it says the vcore goes to 1.825v and it did with bios F1.
Every other bios version up to F7 it only went to 1.800

This is the main reason I went back to the vh6-t as I was using a 1ghz P3 in it and needed all the vcore I could get.

Hope you have better luck with your's when you get it.

Well I am assuming you never tried this bios and I don't need 1.825v let alone 1.8v for my .13u chip. I could do 1500 on 1.6v. This bios apparently allows you to get to 1.825v if needed and also the turbo pLL settings.

Back