• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS is cheesing me off!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

Since April or so, my mom has had serious problems with UPS. She'll get one notice for a package, often marked as "Final Notice" during a day when one or the other of us is home and the doorbell never rings. They never try to redeliver when they say they will (often they'll claim they did, but one of us is sure to be home then and the doorbell never rings) Then we next get a postcard saying the package will be sent back...when it already has been. The UPS depot here is an hour out of our way to go retrieve boxes (of course, that is moot if it was already shipped back when we get the notice).

I just checked on the status of a ThinkGeek order that was shipped on August 22nd...here's what I found from the UPS tracking site:

8/22/06 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
9/07/06 BILLING INFORMATION VOIDED

WTF is this "voided" crap? I did get one UPS box around that day (which I thought was the above one)...that was an Express box from Newegg.

And why was there a delay of almost two weeks before it was scanned as voided?

I contacted UPS and we'll see what happens. They've given my mom the runaround with her packages, so I'm not too hopeful about the outcome of this one (could I contact ThinkGeek and explain the situation, see if they'll reship?)

UPS sucks imo... Fedex is a little better but I have had Fedex just leave a knocker on my door and not ring the bell when I was home.. that really ****es me off as the nearest fedex office is 30 minutes away.

Haha, if you think UPS is bad, you should see the people they hire for DHL. They'll hire anybody that's got a drivers license.

UPS has been pretty good to me lately...sort of. They don't bother coming to my apartment to drop off the package or leave a note, but rather leave it at the front office. Good thing I know when UPS usually arrives and that I check my tracking number pretty much 24/7.

other than that, good luck with everything.

I believe the delivery service companies all depend on your local job market. Here in the Buffalo, NY area our UPS/FedEX guys are pretty good, which they should be as they are making above the average salaries around here.

same thing here dude...last package..the i came home at 3.45pm...at 4.10pm my bro comes at home and tells me there is a little card from dhl..i look at the card and it says failed to deliver at 4.00pm...wtf i was home 4.00pm so i had to go to the office(5 min drive) to retrieve it...bah i hate those kind of deliverers

I have a shipment right now with them from Newegg scheduled for Monday. I guess I could say that testing them to see if I'm on their good route. The real reason is that the second cheapest option costed double what UPS 3 day would.

I haven't heard anything bad about them in the area. My only problem is that I won't be home for half of the delivery day. I hope that the truck will start it's route on my street.

Otherwise I have to rely on someone else to deal with it. I will give them specific instructions on what to do such as leave their car in the driveway and to stay around. I will probably make the address very clear and post a note on the door that states to knock.

OK, according to UPS, the shipper voided the shipment (still, why that two-week discrepancy?). Vendor is also going to contact UPS, as according to their system it was shipped and I definitely should have received it by now.

EDIT: They'll reship, now to see if the new shipment gets to me.

Last edited:
UPS is horrible.

I was expecting a package shipped with them, some batteries i ordered for my ups's.

I was outside sitting on my steps and the guy drove up, got out of his truck with a "delivery attempt" slip in his hand and proceeded to paste it up by the intercom. I got up and looked at it, sure enough, it was MY DELIVERY! The lazy ******* never even made an attempt to get the package out of the truck, he already had the delivery slip filled out as "NO ANSWER"! Thankfully, I know some people at the local facility ( i drive seasonal for UPS & Fed-Ex, depending upon who needs the extra drivers, and who is paying more, heh heh) needless to say, I got the guy fired.

Any time there is a problem with a delivery, or you get a notice from them saying they tried to deliver a package, when they really didn't, IMMEDIATELY call up UPS and demand to be transferred to your local facility dispatch, then let the dispatch know what is going on and ask them to locate the driver who has your package (they know what driver has what truck, with what packages, don't let them tell you any different!) and have them send him back promptly. If the dispatch won't do anything for you, just call up the main office again and have a supervisor contact the facility while your on the phone, and you'll see that truck come rolling back around your block within 15 mins.

Any time you check your tracking, and it says your package is out for delivery, that means the package was scanned onto the truck, and that info is in the system, as well as who is driving that truck, if they tell you differently, they are full of ****! and ALL drivers have either a radio, or a cell phone on them, or in the truck at all times so that they can keep in contact with the facility.

So the next time you get a lazy driver who won't get off his *** to do his job, take the necessary steps and get your package when you're supposed to, and have the slacker fired, even if he/she doesn't get fired, you can be sure you won't ever see them on your route again.

Lol, UPS.

A package arrived for my sister today. They didnt ring the doorbell or knock or anything. Anyways, me and my mom are leaving to go do some stuff... She opens the front door, steps out, and trips... Starts yelling and cussing how stupid the delivery guy was. Was pretty funny, but seriously, the package was RIGHT against the door. Pretty stupid place imo.

LOL USPS delevered a package I bought from someone, ( it was a hard drive.. so it was in a tinnyyy box) and they HID IT!.. It was like.. behind some pots where I had some plants in and such.. If I hadnt went out to look at them I would never have known the box was there!... I know its a bit off subject.. but one delevery service is the same as all of them!!.. besides fedex.. I love fedex.. but their too expensive now.

OK, according to UPS, the shipper voided the shipment (still, why that two-week discrepancy?). Vendor is also going to contact UPS, as according to their system it was shipped and I definitely should have received it by now.

EDIT: They'll reship, now to see if the new shipment gets to me.
It's true, that is not a UPS problem. UPS won't void billing information, the shipper did that or requested it. The two week difference is because the shipper waited that long to request or do it. Granted UPS has its problems but to me this sounds like a vendor screw up more than UPS.

Back