• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista RC1 Loading issues - Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flowrider

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone is having issues loading Vista RC1? Computer POSTs to the "Press any button to boot from CD/DVD" prompt but then it will reboot regardless if I press a button or not. Now my purchased copy of Win XP boots and loads fine with exactly the same hardware configuration so I'm guessing it might be the DVD media. I'm using Memorex DVD -R. Any suggestions?

I've downloaded twice and burned at 1x as per their recommendations. Some on another forums suggested disabling the ACPI in BIOS. I'm not too sure what the affect of that is.

I downloaded and burn my version three times. Two discs bad, third one made it. Although after instalation system started to crash during boot, so I reinstalled windows xp.

Well after 5x d/ling it and having the file go bonkers, #6 was the charm. After searching the net for hours to figure why the iso would'nt burn and constantly getting the "UDF" file error, i found out i have to use Alcohol 120% to burn the "UDF" file format :rolleyes: Wished someone would've posted that tidbit of info, i could've saved myself the 5 coasters.

Well I'm not too sure what it is. I believe my .iso was okay as well as the burning because it did load on an old test system of mine (P3-866) but no go on the new system (3800+ with Asus board). Just keeps rebooting. I even tried upgrading an XP installation with no luck at all. :mad:

Nebulous said:
Well after 5x d/ling it and having the file go bonkers, #6 was the charm. After searching the net for hours to figure why the iso would'nt burn and constantly getting the "UDF" file error, i found out i have to use Alcohol 120% to burn the "UDF" file format :rolleyes: Wished someone would've posted that tidbit of info, i could've saved myself the 5 coasters.
Nero 6 has burned three Vista ISOs for me and they all worked flawlessly. One was a DVD/R and the other two were DVD/RW.

Edit: Well I'm posting this from a new installation of Vista RC1 build 5728 which was downloaded directly from Microsoft and the iso image was burned by Nero 6.

Last edited:
Back