• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6400 520x8 3.6 Ghz anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
E6400 520x7 3.6 Ghz anyone?

...And counting. I think I'll do 325 and stop :)

Attachments

• 520x8.JPG
    520x8.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
dicecca112 said:
come dude, if you want a large E-Penis, go for the allusive 4.0 Retail Club. How are your temps?

Idle temps were only 52-54c. At this point 520 DDR2 (1040mhz!) Is as high as my ram can go. I'm absolutely certain that is the uppermost limits. And it was hot enough at that.

3.6ghz however is NOT the highest my CPU can go at 7x. If I had 1000mhz ram then I would easily be able to do 600FSB. I'm almost CERTAIN of that.

F-what you heard... This is the DREAM week 24 chip!

I mean 520 DDR and 3.6 is nothing to sneeze at, I hope when I get all my birthday money that I can get my 6400 to those clocks. Congrats to you sir

dicecca112 said:
I mean 520 DDR and 3.6 is nothing to sneeze at, I hope when I get all my birthday money that I can get my 6400 to those clocks. Congrats to you sir

I can pretty much run 520x7 whenever I want. But there's no going beyond that. Even 525 doesn't work. I think when the time comes to upgrade my ram I'll get 2 1gb 1000mhz chips.

Stupidpenguin said:
dual prime stable?

I'm guesssssing... No.

I could GET IT dual prime stable. Once I upgrade my water cooling. (Once I fall assbackwards into 100 bucks) but at the moment you might notice the black box on one of the icons where a picture should be. I think that's either my ram or my video card giving out on me. So I wouldn't try running it 24.7 til I get a new case with more room for fans.

Gautam said:
Allendales are much slower than Conroes in SuperPI 1M. (2-3 sec)

Yeah if you got a Conroe then it's the cache. But also I have CAS5 ram AND i was running it at 5-5-5-15. It's rated at 5-5-5-12, what I'm running at now, but I just ran it at 5-5-5-15 to be on the safe side. Never really attempted to do much with my ram timings as I only try to hit high overclocks when I'm bored or absolutely need to get off my computer and LEAVE MY APARTMENT. Then I'll just throw it up to 500 or 600ghz at which point it shuts down and I go out and look for attractive older women :)

Your chipset might be limiting you going higher. Was reading some articles that if you drop your multi you are actually putting the northbridge on a divider to run faster.

For instance my memory runs faster running at 400Mhz rather then 442.5Mhz by 200MB/s. My NB registers at 450Mhz which it should be 400 but im using the 8x mutli which from a base of 9x would make that difference.

With yours running at 520Mhz your NB is running ~595Mhz which might be its limit. Try either pumping more voltage into the northbridge if you haven't maxed it out or raise the multi again and go for more. Since I dought you'll use it for long term with those high temps.

Oh ya those times do seem slow compared to mine but thats in the range. I get roughly those SuperPI speeds at 3.2Ghz using either the 9x or 8x multi with ram anywhere between 800-1000Mhz.

deathman20 said:
Your chipset might be limiting you going higher. Was reading some articles that if you drop your multi you are actually putting the northbridge on a divider to run faster.

For instance my memory runs faster running at 400Mhz rather then 442.5Mhz by 200MB/s. My NB registers at 450Mhz which it should be 400 but im using the 8x mutli which from a base of 9x would make that difference.

With yours running at 520Mhz your NB is running ~595Mhz which might be its limit. Try either pumping more voltage into the northbridge if you haven't maxed it out or raise the multi again and go for more. Since I dought you'll use it for long term with those high temps.

Oh ya those times do seem slow compared to mine but thats in the range. I get roughly those SuperPI speeds at 3.2Ghz using either the 9x or 8x multi with ram anywhere between 800-1000Mhz.

Actually you've got 4-4-4-12 Gskills and I've got 5-5-5-12 corsair. I'd say THAT's why your timing is faster.

And what high temps are you talking about? Oh... I get it. Just upping the FSB and doing a suicide run. Sure. Why not.

dicecca112 said:
most likely saw that at XS, there was a huge discussion by Tony of OCZ about those results on the P5B

Yup I saw that. Thats why I was bringing it up if it affects his board or not, but I noticed slightly better results on tests so far with it doing the way hes doing it but not that significant expecially with a chip like that his limiting factor would be FSB.

rainless said:
Actually you've got 4-4-4-12 Gskills and I've got 5-5-5-12 corsair. I'd say THAT's why your timing is faster.

And what high temps are you talking about? Oh... I get it. Just upping the FSB and doing a suicide run. Sure. Why not.

Well your running faster speeds which should offset the timing on yours.

If you feel safe doing a suicide run go for it but I'd suggest upping the multi back to 8 and do it so your not limiting your ram or chipset.

deathman20 said:
Well your running faster speeds which should offset the timing on yours.

If you feel safe doing a suicide run go for it but I'd suggest upping the multi back to 8 and do it so your not limiting your ram or chipset.

Hmm... Makes sense to me now that you explain it. I never actually tried to see what my highest clock at 8x is.

Rainless,
3.6GHz at what voltage?

My deceased E6400 was dual prime stable at 3.6GHz 1.5V.
That chip died due to physical damage.

largon said:
Rainless,
3.6GHz at what voltage?

My deceased E6400 was dual prime stable at 3.6GHz 1.5V.
That chip died due to physical damage.

What do you mean "physical damage?" I've heard you say that before, but what did you do? Drop an anvil on it or something?

I hit 3.6ghz at 1.425 volts. Probably could have done it at less but there was no need to try. That's not my 24/7 dual prime clock. I currently run it at 3ghz 1.30 volts which is perfectly safe.

Back