Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nerdlogic

My husband and I brought a girl into our lives

After a bath that had to be given twice since she left the water completely opaque and a million picked off fleas later, we decided to keep her. I need another girl in the house! It's sort of boring being the only alpha being in the home and it seems like she's quickly reigning queen amongst the boys. She's already beaten up on our male cat and our two dogs to the point where they're terrified of her and she's only a couple of pounds. I'm taking her to be dewormed tommorow just incase (I mean she was an outside cat and I have other animals to worry about) and see when we can start her immunization shots. Very welcomed but ooooone problem:

We don't know what to name her! Any suggestions are welcome.

Oh dear. My home is quickly becoming a safe haven for abandoned animals, much to my mother's and mother in law's dissapointment. They'd rather have grandchildren but they'll have to settle with being the grandma of all the animals we bring in.

If she's being ferocious and terrorizing the other animals, give her a strong name...
    I suggest....... Xena!
    System Specs:
    ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD
    Phenom II X4 955 BE Quad Core @ 3.2GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    2 WD Caviar Blue 320 GB 7200 RPM- RAID
    Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
    OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W PSU
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnBackfire87
    If she's being ferocious and terrorizing the other animals, give her a strong name...
    I suggest....... Xena!
    OMG XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS ftw
    Antec 300 Intel Q6600 @ 3.7 - X48-DS4 - 4gb ddr2 - 500w Earthwatt's - 52" Sharp Aquos LC-52D64U
    1x 640GB WD - 2x 1TB Greenpower - 2x 400GB Seagate - ATI 4830 512mb @ 680/975
    3DMark Vanage 7402 3DMark05 20,447 3DMark06 13,693

Emachines amd x2 5000+ @ 2.9ghz w/foxconn bios - 2gb ddr2
    stock POS 300w - 400gb Seagate - diNovo + VX Revolution

MacBook Air - 1.6ghz c2d - 2gb ddr2 - 80gb

heatware

nerdlogic
    It could be a good name since a few snouts have little red lines now, and husband and I have shredded hands now. One thing is for sure: she's fiesty and playful.

Disabled
    Awwwwhhhh, wittle kitty.......

By your description and my own system, the next name up for her would be Lilith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

nerdlogic
    Quote Originally Posted by Malpine Walis
    Awwwwhhhh, wittle kitty.......

By your description and my own system, the next name up for her would be Lilith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith
    Oh wow. That's a VERY good one, especially after seeing her lightening fast swats at the dogs. AHHAHA Cute little kitten but deadly.

My god nerd, just reading the topic gave me a heart attack. Didn't know you were talking about a kitten.

Malpine: I didn't know about that reference to Lilith. Suddently the reason why Frasier Crane's wife was named Lilith is clear.

I'm a dog person (have 2) but I love animals in general. I'm glad to see it have a good home as opposed to being a stray or destroyed by the evil SPCA.

nerdlogic
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins
    My god nerd, just reading the topic gave me a heart attack. Didn't know you were talking about a kitten.
    Aren't I just sneaky? I had to find a way to get you boys to read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins
    Malpine: I didn't know about that reference to Lilith. Suddently the reason why Frasier Crane's wife was named Lilith is clear.
    I forgot the meaning about it until now that Malpine brought it up and yeah, I totally thought of Lilith, Frasier's wife too. My goth friend named her daughter that.

She's friggin lightening. She's running around for no reason and is jumping off and on my bed and just biting everything! She's definitely a little demon, biting my toes right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeNuggets
    I'm a dog person (have 2) but I love animals in general. I'm glad to see it have a good home as opposed to being a stray or destroyed by the evil SPCA.
    I am a big sucker for animals. That's why we knew it was trouble when XeRoFuN and I found her. We also have two doggies if you've seen XeRoFuN's avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdlogic
    I am a big sucker for animals. That's why we knew it was trouble when XeRoFuN and I found her. We also have two doggies if you've seen XeRoFuN's avatar.
    Yes, we've even exchanged PMs where I showed him my 5 year old "Beagle Baby". I love her so much... <3 <3 <3

nerdlogic
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW POST PLZ! The beagle in his avatar is my little baby

God, I happened on this thread expecting awesome pics.

You dissipoint me.

EDIT: nice cat though

nerdlogic
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    God, I happened on this thread expecting awesome pics.

You dissipoint me.

EDIT: nice cat though
    Not all of us run to OCF to post these things. And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nerdlogic
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW POST PLZ! The beagle in his avatar is my little baby
    I just sent you a PM with my "baby" in it. She's whining for me to come to bed now. I can't resist those sad puppy dog eyes.... she always sleeps curled up at me feet with her paws wrapped around my ankles <3 <3 <3

Well if you do introduce a (human) girl into your lives, let me know. I'll take pics.

PS: Again, nice cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    Well if you do introduce a (human) girl into your lives, let me know. I'll take pics.

PS: Again, nice cat.
    ahem
    I <3 nerdlogic

nerdlogic
    Quote Originally Posted by FudgeNuggets
    I just sent you a PM with my "baby" in it. She's whining for me to come to bed now. I can't resist those sad puppy dog eyes.... she always sleeps curled up at me feet with her paws wrapped around my ankles <3 <3 <3
    <3333333!!!! THAT IS LOOOVE!!!! Mine likes to be protective of his mama and he puts his legs and arms around me when he lies down next to me. His snarls and growls come as a surprise when men that aren't daddy come near his mama!

Your little girl is SO CUTE! She's a lemon too! Lemons rule!

some of the comments made in this thread, if interpreted right, could be offensive to some.

but anyways... i like the name key, or keykey. or cat. or steve (even tho its a she)

brother just got a puppy, labradore retriever (sp?) and its cute as hell. all fluffy and playful and such, and he just loves to tinkle on the floor.

imo, puppies > kittens. (lets see if we get a puppy/kitten war like the amd/intel or ati/nvidia haha)
    Student of Electronic Engineering as of September 20, 2010

Malpine's suggestion of Lilith is great.

"Lilith" for formal occasions
    "Lily" when she's being cute
    "YOU LITTLE *" when she's misbehaving

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
    Same here ^^.
    I was like reading the topic and suddenly I was Like "ZOMFGWTFBBQQQWTFLAWL???? ITS THE NERDLOGIC???"

Aren't I just sneaky? I had to find a way to get you boys to read the thread.
    Couldnt you just say "look here?"
    That would have been safer...

Not all of us run to OCF to post these things. And thanks!
    I think all of us do :P

As for the name, you can try something peaceful like.... AMD! and then you can get a second kitten and name him the NVidia!!!

*sorry, I just had absolutly no idea of what to name your kitten.*
    "Take only that which you can give"
    Need Help? IM me! I want to help the OC community!

MainComputer:
    E6400@2.69-4.0 gig RAM-8800GT
    ASUS P5N-E SLI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast