• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
You're missing the point COMPLETELY. First off all "“Stable” is a relative term. I guarantee your stable 4.1 is totally UNstable by my standards.", Dual prime isn't good enough for you? I used to fold with that rig constantly, so you're completely wrong.

Keep in mind, we're getting 1360 - 1900mhz OCs. If you were going to drag your 3.2E to some cold ambients and try a suicide shot, I guarantee you wouldn't get close to our mhz.

Just stop arguing while you can, because you're making yourself look like a fool.

Guess ill just have to take you word for it on the 3.2 @ 4.1 dual prime extended time statement... :rolleyes:

Who is the fool... You are comparing apples to oranges noob... The p4 3.2 in my sig tops out (stable) in the low 4s on air/water, just as the dual core tops out at approx 3.6-3.8 (Stable) on air/water. Your 4 ghz quick screenie, is the same as my p4 screen shooting a 4.5ghz shot (Keeping the relative possible chip overclockability in mind). Compare apples to apples.

You are trying to say we should have got 1300-1900khz overclock on a p4 3.2 for comparison on air/water? Sure, that would be nice.

I am not trying to bust bubbles here, all i am trying to say (like my original post) is that a quick screenshot at at a high clock means absolutely zero to ME. I am actually building a new system this week based on the E6600 / p4B / Water, and ill tell you what... I will likely be running at my estimated stable 3.8. You wont catch me out in the cold or over volting my CPU for a screenshot to be in the “I got a screenshot at 4ghz club"! At least the guy who started this thread ran some benchmarks lol.

Last edited:
Are you joking me. I'm not comparing anything. I'm saying, 4GHZ ON CORE 2 DUO IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN 4GHZ ON A P4. You're thinking, well gosh my 4ghz stable is clearly superior to these RETARDED 4ghz core 2 duo shots. Stop posting.

man, why are you thread crapping? if it isn't your thing, then don't post, simple.

lots of people like suicide screens. if you actually READ the posts in here, you'll see that many people had to work hard for their screenshot, and are proud of their achievement.

you preaching to us would be like preaching to an olympic sprinter about how their record breaking 100m run won't do them a lick of good if they ever had to run cross country to save their life. its pointless.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
You're thinking, well gosh my 4ghz stable is clearly superior to these RETARDED 4ghz core 2 duo shots. Stop posting.

Good thing you can read minds Jedi... Dont assume things, that was not what i was thinking at all. Read the last post again.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
man, why are you thread crapping? if it isn't your thing, then don't post, simple.

lots of people like suicide screens. if you actually READ the posts in here, you'll see that many people had to work hard for their screenshot, and are proud of their achievement.

you preaching to us would be like preaching to an olympic sprinter about how their record breaking 100m run won't do them a lick of good if they ever had to run cross country to save their life. its pointless.

You are right, arguing with mr_extreme screen shot is beginning to irritate me. I did read pretty much every post in this thread (Long day at work) before posting. Sorry for crapping. It just made me sad to see some of my old friends like batboy scratching to get their 4ghz screenshot =p I guess I am just a huge fan of the stable overclock, and a hater of suicide shots. (Uber ln2 / dry ice attempts aside)

My apologies once again.

Last edited:
oRIDDLERo said:
Guess ill just have to take you word for it on the 3.2 @ 4.1 dual prime extended time statement... :rolleyes:

Who is the fool... You are comparing apples to oranges noob... The p4 3.2 in my sig tops out (stable) in the low 4s on air/water, just as the dual core tops out at approx 3.6-3.8 (Stable) on air/water. Your 4 ghz quick screenie, is the same as my p4 screen shooting a 4.5ghz shot (Keeping the relative possible chip overclockability in mind). Compare apples to apples.

You are trying to say we should have got 1300-1900khz overclock on a p4 3.2 for comparison on air/water? Sure, that would be nice.

I am not trying to bust bubbles here, all i am trying to say (like my original post) is that a quick screenshot at at a high clock means absolutely zero to ME. I am actually building a new system this week based on the E6600 / p4B / Water, and ill tell you what... I will likely be running at my estimated stable 3.8. You wont catch me out in the cold or over volting my CPU for a screenshot to be in the “I got a screenshot at 4ghz club"! At least the guy who started this thread ran some benchmarks lol.

The way your stating it is thread crapping period. Please stop doing so, which already by a later post already made made the apologies for doing so. Thank you.

This is what we do, even on the P4 there was threads like this suicide shots trying to get that extra Mhz just to say yes I got the chip to do so. Me my highest is 3.76Ghz, air, 24/7 runnable, just warmer then I want let alone the voltage. I know theres much more room left in it, just think memory controllers crapping out on me. I've tried for more but im not moving my system outside or freezing my butt of for a screen shot ;). I just know its able to do so in room tempatures which is great.

As for E6600 @ 3.8Ghz on water, unless its chilled, a good mobo depending what you get, or a very lucky chip your being a little to ambitious on that. 3.6Ghz goal is much more likely with maybe a break into the 3.7Ghz arena. Giving it the voltage, and really pushing it is where you'll likely to break into the upper spaces 3.75Ghz+.

Edit:
xTrEmEoVrClOcKr: No personal attacks man, take the chill pill and use it to push that CPU further ;) Wheres that Phase cooler boy.

oRIDDLERo said:
Good thing you can read minds Jedi... Dont assume things, that was not what i was thinking at all. Read the last post again.

You are right, arguing with mr_extreme screen shot is beginning to irritate me. I did read pretty much every post in this thread (Long day at work) before posting. Sorry for crapping. It just made me sad to see some of my old friends like batboy scratching to get their 4ghz screenshot =p I guess I am just a huge fan of the stable overclock, and a hater of suicide shots. (Uber ln2 / dry ice attempts aside)

My apologies once again.

you REALLY need to stop now.... if you dont like the 4 ghz club (or screen shot machine club) dont post and get out...

As for p4 ocing vs c2d ocing lets put it this way.. I have done 4.005ghz with my e6600 which is stock 2.4ghz. thats a 66.8% OC.. ON AIR (which btw was done in my nice warm house with a 47cfm fan and ultra 120)... for your 3.2p4 to get that oc we are talking 5.340ghz... ON AIR.. you do that and i GUARENTEE you will be proud and have people in awe of you... but this isnt the case, your NEVER going to get a p4 from 3.2 to 5.34ghz on air...

and if you look at the first thing in my sig... i am DAMN ****ING PROUD that i have a 4ghz c2d...

Can this pass as 4? :D
3.92.jpg

I cant seem to get past 434, it will post 436 but windows fails. I almost had the voltages maxed out. Temps were in good ranges to! any ideas?

tyler_bishop said:
Can this pass as 4? :D

I cant seem to get past 434, it will post 436 but windows fails. I almost had the voltages maxed out. Temps were in good ranges to! any ideas?

You need 445Mhz FSB with a 9x multi to get into the club ;) Close but no cigar.

I had to loosen my timings alot go up to 450 post then kept backing it down and finaly 445 got me into windows.. it was actually STABLE and orthos ran for a while then i rebooted and it wouldnt post at 445.. Idk.. My chip has potential.. I may throw it into this biostar 965pt and see if I can go faster with it. I love my p5w thoe.

oRIDDLERo said:
“Stable” is a relative term. I guarantee your stable 4.1 is totally UNstable by my standards.
I’d bet you your screen-shotter rig if i buy the parts in the above list, and go outside in the winter i will have an 4ghz uber kanuber screen shot for you. There is no skill/work involved (well except for maybe dragging the rig somewhere 32f ambient), and in my opinion no reward. I wish there was a 4ghz STABLE Core 2 Duo air/water club (With minimum testing criteria). This would be a “club” I would be proud to be a member.

i sort of agree in principle that the main thing in overclocking is for my daily stable use; most bang for my buck, etc. my 6400 has got to last at least two years, but for those two years, i want it running as fast as possible while still letting me get my work done. for now, i'm at 3.6ghz 24/7 ... and that's enough.

that said ...

regarding suicide screenies: it's just a matter of seeing, simply, how high your particular chip will clock. it's fun. suicide is the point. when you set out to do it, you expect your rig to crash (possibly burn).

there's lots of variables, build week, memory/mb combinations. it's simply a (very addictive) game ... and if you've the equipment and don't mind the risk ... why not have fun with it? and no, not a lot of skill involved ...

however, my favorite sort of max overclocking is finding speeds that are at least stable enough to run in benchmark competitions.

suicide runs are one thing... cute, exciting, quick ... but benchmarking is a whole other order of fun for me.

it *does* take much work and knowledge of your hardware to get a stable sciencemark 2.0 run ... which generally takes at least 5 minutes to complete.

this goes as well for other benchmarks, but the sciencemark 2.0 test is the one i most got into last winter.

check this thread: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=268217&postcount=2278

a while back, i invited some folks from OCFORUMs to come join in the competition and dominick32 came over and stomped us all into a mud hole. but until he brought that sick arse 6700 over (with some important multiplier changes) i was enjoying the number 1 position with my meek 6400.

also, if you browse back through the thread, you'll find that some of his insights regarding the test and his particular hardware were quite beneficial for anybody who might have read it.

point is, going for big overclocks that are stable enough to run in benchmark competitions, along with good dialogue throughout, improves the overclocking scene for everyone.

BTW ... get you a E6400 and see if you can beat my 2nd place spot.

:beer:

.s1rrah

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=188701

Add me please:

Water cooled: MCP655, Storm, MCW60, BIP.3, Loons in push/pull
Processor: L627B155 e6600 OEM at 1.55 volts NO VDROOP
Mobo: Asus Commando with stock chipset cooler + AS5
PSU: OCZ Powerstream 520 ADJ
Mem: OCZ PC2-8500 "Sli- Ready"

Planning to vdroop mod and get completely stable at 4.0 at lowish volts <1.50

Edit: 4050 pi stable

1mpi4point05.jpg