• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XOCer, no thanks...this is a good one and I don't want to take that kind of chance ;) Well, that and there's no way my phase unit will hold temps on it at that high of Vc :(

GOD I NEED TO GET SOME INSULATION !!! :(

I want to be in the 4ghz club so bad ...

**kicks phase unit under the desk**

Ross said:
XOCer, no thanks...this is a good one and I don't want to take that kind of chance ;) Well, that and there's no way my phase unit will hold temps on it at that high of Vc :(
I'm with Ross on this one, I wouldn't give an ES over 1.7vcore unless it kept scaling. Now get to it and dice that thing Ross, I want to see some results.

I've been meaning to get some DI on it, so maybe this weekend. Naturally, I'll keep ya posted ;)

LOL, they probably won't be 3Ds (x1900XT on stock air :shrug: ) and it's not too tough to beat my SPi's on this thing. I got a new DQ6 back from RMA yesterday, so maybe I should see if it's a C2 or one of the ones that will do 600FSB before I list it in the classifieds :D

Maxi and Xtremeoverclocker. I am EXTREMELY impressed with your air scores. It makes me wonder why I put up with all this phase noise and heavy pricetag. Cheers fellas.

In my latest attempt to surpass 4.5 Ghz, I have sent my Vapo to Jinu117 to be modified and just finished vmodding my board. It will be ready for LN2 and a Jinu117 SS in a few weeks.

Awesome results guys!!

nd4spdbh2 said:
rrr i am pretty close to joining this club.... curently 3.780ghz @ 1.45v but it seems like i hit a wall after that.

420FSB is around the FSB wall of a stock P5W-DH, 444FSB+ might take some cooling modification for the NB and fets or getting a diffent motherboard (the 64 WS-Proffesional's stock FSB would get you over the hump if you really want to stick to 975X)

Good luck :thup:

OMG golden batch !! [email protected] 1.57vcore bios P5W DH@445 fsb

CPU: E6600 retail batch L628
Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe bios 1101
Memory: 2GB Gskill 6400 HZ micron D9 ( serial 0606xxxx)
PowerSupply: Enermax liberty 620w
Cooling: ALL AIR COOLING ( thermalright ultra 120 )
Vcore: 1.57 in bios

batchrj1.jpg

:beer: :beer:

Valid 4.00 ghz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't hope my P5w DH reach such fsb :santa:

NO MOD ALL AIR COOLING

Regards

Last edited:
I have had the new Abit board here for around two weeks now and still have yet to get time to play with it. Hopefully this weekend I can include myself in this list.

greenmaji said:
420FSB is around the FSB wall of a stock P5W-DH, 444FSB+ might take some cooling modification for the NB and fets or getting a diffent motherboard (the 64 WS-Proffesional's stock FSB would get you over the hump if you really want to stick to 975X)

Good luck :thup:

Thanks !

Just broke that wall tonite :beer:

P5W DH@445 x 9

[email protected] ghz 1.57vcore

Dragon Heart said:

batchrj1.jpg

Hmm... I never noticed that Arabian-looking engineer in the background. Who's that supposed to be? Tesla? (And yes, I realize Tesla was Croatian/Serbian. I was thinking more of the "Prince of Persia" kind of Arabian-look.)

Rainless.. its just a guy in a clean suite working in a fab (thats a wafer of cores in his hands)

@Dragon Heart...I said the "normal" FSB wall of a stock DH was around 420.. JC got his to 450 or a little better w/cooling mods IIRC
I don't recall seeing a week 28 chip just yet, and that Vcore is about .8-.9 lower then I would expect for 4Ghz, thats quite nice :) Were did you get the Vcore reading?

greenmaji said:
@Dragon Heart...I said the "normal" FSB wall of a stock DH was around 420.. JC got his to 450 or a little better w/cooling mods IIRC
I don't recall seeing a week 28 chip just yet, and that Vcore is about .8-.9 lower then I would expect for 4Ghz, thats quite nice :) Were did you get the Vcore reading?

Yes this batch is amazing greenmaji !!

I set 1.57vcore in bios , Pc probe read 1.53v

Coolaler from XS has the same batch and his performs better... see the deal !

[email protected] with pc probe! and air cooling too !

Knowing asus vdroop with their mobos around 0.05 , you can easily imagine what kind of step we got here...!

And today my reseller just got one for me ( all were L627 and one from batch L629 ! 7 days newer than mine )

I was seeking such chip to [email protected] 24/7 with lower vcore than my former E6700 and it just do it..

:)

Dragon Heart, if you want to know the actual voltages, buy a simple digital multimeter and take an actual reading. they are very handy to have, and are only like $15.

i would be interested to see what actual volts its taking you for 4ghz. :beer:

Dragon Heart said:

batchrj1.jpg

:beer: :beer:

Valid 4.00 ghz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't hope my P5w DH reach such fsb :santa:

NO MOD ALL AIR COOLING

Regards

LUCKY... im gettin SOOOO ****ED right now... i can do 3.915ghz @ 1.6v but n e thing higher its like a brick wall..... what were all the settings in the "Jumper free " section?

Back