• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'm looking for 4.0ghz stable though because i already have two 8800GTXs and i don't want to bottle neck TOO much.

Gautam said:
Not possible. Phase change is a must for 4 GHz stable. Neither air nor water will do.
maybe for a good X6800 hehe..

New 4Ghz member http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=499062 for my first ever retail core2 cpu :)

CPU: X6800 L627A872
VCore: 1.592v
Mem: OCZ 2GB PC8000 Titanium Alpha VX2
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe with vdroop pencil mod
Power Supply: OCZ 600W EvoStream
Cooling: Swiftech G4 Storm

Click image for larger photo.

Dual Super Pi 32M - completed​
superpi-32m_load.png

tranceaddict said:
How about with Coolit Freezone, I have heard a lot of great things about this TEC?
I think its possible. The only thing from keeping me stable (imo) was the motherboard and possibly the cpu. I needed 1.7V to run at 4GHz, but temps were still ok for more. I had my mobo maxed out...I even had to pencil mod to get into Windows and run Superpi. When I actually got into windows I was able to run Superpi, Photoshop...so it was running ok. I didnt want to run 1.7 too long though :)

Last edited:
Finally made it. Sure wasn't stable, barely got the screenshot. I lowered the furnace thermostat when my wife wasn't looking and reinstalled the N/B cooler with AS5 in order to get into this exclusive 4 gig club.

Note: I'm using a beta BIOS on my AW9D with a 1333 strap and apparently CPU-Z is not reading the RAM timings correctly (should be 4-4-4-10 dual channel).

CPU: E6600 L627A794 Retail (vcore = 1.7v BIOS)
Motherboard: Abit AW9D-Max (stock N/B cooling with AS5)
Memory: 2X1GB Mushkin Xtreme Performance DDR2-800
Power supply: PC & Cooling Silencer 750W 60A
Cooling: watercooled (see signature)

[
E6600-4000-CPUZ-verified.jpg

Last edited:
1.7V seems a bit high for these procs, does it not? I see ppl with Phase only going up to 1.65V or so, at least for 24/7.

Last edited:
yeah, its alot higher than I expected to go. I definitely would not run it 24/7. I might look for another E6600 and see what it can do and keep the better of the two.

Of course 1.7v is insanely high. My motherboard undervolts, so it really wasn't quite 1.7v. Besides, I only used that much voltage just for this screenshot. My daily O/C is much lower.

batboy said:
Of course 1.7v is insanely high. My motherboard undervolts, so it really wasn't quite 1.7v. Besides, I only used that much voltage just for this screenshot. My daily O/C is much lower.
Same here on all points. Im running 1.5v daily @3.6GHz.

Badboy?

What Vcore did you use for the RAM and the MCH @fsb 446 @1:1???
Although the "Max" undervolts, i used for fsb 460 @1:1,... 2,65 Vcore for RAM and MCH 2,00 Vcore.

Squeezed the pips but made it :)

Attachments

• c2d e6400 @ 4008GHz.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Attachments

• 4144.JPG
    4144.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 464
that's awesome kunaak I'm building a system with an E6300 and was wondering if you could hit 4Ghz with one. that's one crazy FSB

Back