• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gautam said:
Awesome!

Just 7MHz from the full 100%. :D

i'll get the full 100% tonight; last night i was in my room and ambients were around 9C ... tonight ill be outside in -1C or so ...

could be the last big cold snap of the year down here in tx so gonna go for it while i can.

E6400 @ 4.3ghz on AIR

with .09C ambients, here's the best i could get on air cooling:

maxoc_4311.gif

'bout as high as i can get it.

There we go. :D

Might I invite you and everyone else who posted in this thread to submit their shots in our official CPU-Z ranking thread. OCForums could use all the points we can get right now...rankings are very unstable but we could possibly soon see 5th place shortly with a new influx of results.

Damn man thats great.

Doh :( Wish I had off work I'd work on it today. Its -16C outside today (-22 with wind chill). Might not be as cold as the people that where getting -31C before the wind.

I'll update this thread because it has sparked a HUGE interest. I'll submit my updated results w/ my new week 29 E6700.

4.2Ghz Validated; 4206.jpg
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=156625

Temperatures were around -0°C. All on a Scythe Infinity.

I got the CPU to bench @ 4.18Ghz on Superpi1m, got me 12.250 (Slow, new partition coming soon). Here's the 4.16ghz shot, earlier in the day where the temps were about 5c :(.

4.jpg

Wow... I shall have to pick-up one of these P5B deluxes now that they're cheap. Maybe when I move all my big stuff back to Chicago in preparation for a move back to Tokyo...

deathman20 said:
Damn man thats great.

Doh :( Wish I had off work I'd work on it today. Its -16C outside today (-22 with wind chill). Might not be as cold as the people that where getting -31C before the wind.

yeah, i was surprised as well ... was expecting higher 4.2 scores but not 4.32 ...

i'm through for the winter; man, it was icy and sleeting and i had my rig open on the porch with just a bit of cover over me ...

I made it thanks to mother nature. Ambient was -8c.

CPU: E6600 L32A OEM
Motherboard: Asus P5B-D w/stock cooling
Memory: 1gb OCZ DDR2 800 Gold GX XTC
PowerSupply: Fortron Blue Storm 500W
Cooling: Storm rev. 2 with MP655/BIextremeIII (300cfm total) 17c reported by CoreTemp

PIC!

I hadn't tested my RAM above 400mhz so that was the unknown here. I cranked the volts up to 2.25 and 1.6 for the core (1.54 reported). This makes me want phase change BAD. :drool:

I am IN!!!

CPU: E6600 OEM
Motherboard: Asus P5B-Deluxe, HR-05-SLI
Memory: 2GB G.Skill PC2-6400
PowerSupply: Seasonic 500watt
Cooling: Water (Apogee, modded DDC, BI 3x120, Yate Loons)

4015.jpg

ChinStrap said:
damarble i like the 3957 bitmap file ... :beer:

with luck ill be getting my e6600 in two weeks.... i wanna be in this club :)

Haha. Try as I could I could not boot into Windows at 4ghz. So I came in at 3915 and used clockgen to work my way up. I just noticed core temp did not update with the clock increase.

Im having a hard time pushing my E600 passed 3.78, but tonight Im going to take it out in the garage and see what I can do...I want to be in the 4GHz club :)

Last edited:
Add me to the list :beer:

CPU: E6600 L628A268 Retail - 445x9 @ 4005.5MHz
VCore: 1.7v :eek:
Mem: OCZ ATI Crossfire 2x1GB DDR2 800 - 445MHz 5-5-5-15
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Power Supply: OCZ GameXstream 700W
Cooling: Coolit Freezone

Click the thumbnail for full size pic 1437x852 318KB
6600_445x9_coolitTN.jpg

Last edited:
Back