• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever feel like your Intel can handle anything thrown at it with ease?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey now... you don't need a quad to participate!

(But it helps.)

Very true! Hell, I've been folding for a while now, and when I started all I had was my p4 530. Every little bit counts, even if you don't feel like a massive points producer!

But yes, I'll admit, the Q6600's are pretty awesome folders (and judging by this forum, we have TONS of new ones living at OCF).

I'm just saying, I am part of the medical community, I just think people should think twice of their cause... and not let medical people use fancy jargon to sway and capitalize on your generosity...

I for one, am NOT folding. Even though it is my civil duty to do no harm, to protect, to heal and to stand for all that is justice. I have this hunch that the people up top... aren't using it for what people think they're using it for.

I suppose its the same as not giving $15 to diabetes research for fear the doctors aren't really looking for a cure, but instead go to flashy conventions, become famous and woop it up on your cash. Which of course they definitely do and so far no cure after umpteen billions spent.

On the other hand, you might be wrong, in which case our fancy computers, which are mainly produced by virtual slaves in Asia, sit idle, when they might be making a difference in the world. :eek:

I vote to take a chance and assume good where no evil is evident.

Bumpitty Bump. The Folding Team of Number 32 could use all the help anyone is willing to give us.
Until anything further shows us that they aren't...I will keep folding proudly.

I thought the last time I was at EOC, your production looked to be 0 PPD. What happened Thideras? We would love to have you back.

Last edited:
OK guys I am back to folding, but I am only dedicating One of my Cores right now. And here is why.
What happened to Wedos install for duallies? I want to be able to fold on all of my cores plus my other DC rig, but I want control of CPU usage, I want to set it at 75%....

OK guys I am back to folding, but I am only dedicating One of my Cores right now. And here is why.
What happened to Wedos install for duallies? I want to be able to fold on all of my cores plus my other DC rig, but I want control of CPU usage, I want to set it at 75%....

I can't believe I'm doing this...you guys are #3 & we (team abit) are #32, so I guess it can't hurt. In any case it's for the same higher purpose! :beer:

Aaanyway, after you've installed the F@H SMP client, you can use this command line. It'll run SMP and allow you to configure it. Once you've configured it, it'll simply close. Just go through the menu; simple commands and such, pretty self explanatory. One of the parameters is CPU usage. Set that to the percentage you would like to dedicate to F@H. Here's the command:

C:\Folding@Home-Console\fah.exe -configonly

Edit the location to the one you installed F@H in of course. FWIW, I also use these flags when launching the client: -verbosity 9 -forceasm -advmethods

Happy folding! :bday:

EDIT - Ooops...my bad. Sorry deadlysyn, edited for proper ranking.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm doing this...you guys are #4 & we (team abit) are #32, so I guess it can't hurt. In any case it's for the same higher purpose! :beer:

#4? I'm confused last time I looked here at good old EOC, we are #3.

You guys going to pay my electricity bill?

Usually running your system 24/7, only raises your electric bill in the $15-$20 dollar range. Atleast this is what I understand using current hardware. It has been discussed many times in the Folding Team Sub Forum. Scroll on down and take a look. You will see that we really are a group of great people, just like every other sub forum here.

Ok I tried installing the SMP client and configured it through the advanced methods. But I get this error when trying to run fah.exe --
fah.jpg

Ok I tried installing the SMP client and configured it through the advanced methods. But I get this error when trying to run fah.exe --
fah.jpg

Did you run the install.bat in the FAH install folder? And whatever user you login to Windows with HAS to have a password for FAH to work. I normally set something for a password then do a Start, Run, controluserpasswords2 which lets me set Windows to automatically login.

Did you run the install.bat in the FAH install folder? And whatever user you login to Windows with HAS to have a password for FAH to work. I normally set something for a password then do a Start, Run, controluserpasswords2 which lets me set Windows to automatically login.

No I did not run the install.bat...Will do right now.

Usually running your system 24/7, only raises your electric bill in the $15-$20 dollar range. Atleast this is what I understand using current hardware. It has been discussed many times in the Folding Team Sub Forum. Scroll on down and take a look. You will see that we really are a group of great people, just like every other sub forum here.
I was kidding around.....I installed the F@H and am currently folding....although I am nto sure it is being credited to team 32...I dont know.

I can't believe I'm doing this...you guys are #3 & we (team abit) are #32, so I guess it can't hurt. In any case it's for the same higher purpose! :beer:

Ironic then that you were #32 in the world when we are Team #32

so how come teams on folding@home are done by numbers? Team32 sounds (IMO) lame compared to ocforums.com, or overclockers.com folding team... is it just the way F@H is or?

*never folded before, is a member of OCF SETI* <3

so how come teams on folding@home are done by numbers? Team32 sounds (IMO) lame compared to ocforums.com, or overclockers.com folding team... is it just the way F@H is or?

*never folded before, is a member of OCF SETI* <3
Well, there are team names and numbers. Our team name is "www.overclockers.com" and our team number is "32". It makes it so that people can't really mistype "www.overclockers.com" and create thousands of dead teams :beer:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=32

Back