• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

php development tools.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

a) I need an open-source project management solution. I'm going to be starting on a fairly massive php/mysql project soon, and it will be a great relief if i can compartmentalize the development, assign goals, and track progress on goals.

b) open-source editor for php. I'll be doing most of the coding on an xp machine or a 2k laptop on the same network as the webserver, with the apache root directory mapped as a share via samba. (I.E., editing in-place over the network, basically.) The last thing i did in php, notepad quickly became "not enough" basically.

Any suggestions? :D

my dev/test box is bsd 6.x, plain vanilla server with no gui. =p My 'user' machines are my xp desktop and my 2k laptop. Thinking about *nix'ing up my laptop, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Eclipse was suggested to me for the IDE, now I just need to find the project management / diary / "hey stupid don't forget this" software. I've tried using a mishmash of in-code documentation and flow charts and really, I need more, especially since this will be the biggest undertaking I've ever... under...took... niner..

"Niner? Were you calling from a walky-talky?"

"Shut up Richard." :(

I like Trac as a Open Source Project Management system, but ActiveCollab is also pretty good. Mantis is supposed to be good as well.

For a PHP editor, I just love PSPad. It's great. It's very customizable, but not necessarily open source.

Back