• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9-30-06 Sat - Woot! 250gb sata $55

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
InThrees said:
Refurbs, Seagate 250mb sata 8mb, $54.99

www.woot.com
post.jpg

ohh why SATA. I need a cheap IDE drive for a friend's xbox I'm going to mod.

Yeah... 6 month HD warranty is not good news...

I buy Seagates due to the 5 year warranty really.... but that's a lot of storage for the price, so I might woot for it...

TBH, I think that exceptional woots deserve their own threads. But that's not board policy and this is not an exceptional woot. If anyone made a thread for those USB locks, I'd recommend a banning <3.

InThrees, just PM a moderator to delete your thread, and you can repost it in the sticky. No big deal :)

I'd be wary about these refurbs guys. Maybe the Seagate's are better but I can't ever trust a refurbed hdd again. The last hdd I bought from woot was the WD 250gb PATA. It worked fine at first, but it's dead now. It might still be within the 6 month warranty, but that doesn't do me a lot of good. I was using it to backup my storage drive. When that drive got wiped, I tried to restore it with the backup. You can guess what happened. No wurkee. :bang head

Last edited:
Most people dont look at the sticky so most good woots are just posted as main threads otherwise more people seem to miss it. Also this is a 7200.8 if anyone was wondering.

madman22 said:
its not as good as the 250gb SATA they had on the woot off, and for the same price.
Its better.. the 250 from the wootoff was WD refurb. Seagate is better

The sticky is perfect for posts such as this.

Crappy deals. (like a refurbed hard drive, one of the most important components in your computer should be reliable..)

Back