• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Problems help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octofister

my computer spontaneosly restarts every so often and not even under a large load or when i am doing anything specific for instance i have gone hours with it working or sometimes it restarts right when i enter windows

as far as AVG can tell me i have no viruses so thats not a problem

windows says after i booted it back up that it was a hardware issue and that i should install new drivers but i installed new drivers for the mobo and cpu and gpu but it still happens

my computer is in my sig except i am currently running an fx5200 which i was thinking might be the problem

my friend said i might need to reinstall windows but i dont believe him so i am asking you guys :beer:

nvidiaOCmaster said:
The video card overheated.

your positive?

and if it is, is it damaged or did it shut down before it got damaged?

also why did it overheat considering i was not playing game games or watching videos and what not?

It could be any number of things. First, do you have "automatically restart" unchecked in Windows start up and recovery? To check go to System Properties/Environmental Variables then scroll down to "system failure" and make sure you have the right setting. Good luck with it.

well a gpu overheating wouldnt be too bad but if my psu is defective im am not a happy camper also how do i make sure that the problem is the psu without going to a computer place and getting charged up the wazoo?

Back