• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hello,

I am thinking about upgrading again...after 3.5 years. Used to upgrade every half a year or so to the latest until some online gaming addicated me that made me did not want to waste time on that. My knowledge were also outdated.

So now I am looking at the Core 2 Duo Conroe series. It seems that people overclock the E6600 very well.

Question #1
Is E6600 having the highest overclocking ability among Conroe? If so, what's the average for it? I thought I saw lots of 3.5GHZ+, just need to confirm it.

My last upgrade over 3.5 years ago was to a Northwood [email protected] with 1GB Dual Channel DDR. My score of PCmark2002 was around or almost 8k points on CPU, and 10000+ on memory. I know there are new verisons of PCmark and the 2k2 was discounted, but I still like the 2k2 better. And you still can run it and then post the screenshot of the score.
So
Question #2
Could anyone with these Conroe please post their score with PCmark2002 on screenshot please? Please demonstrate to me how much behind my system is now. :)

#18 said:
hello,

I am thinking about upgrading again...after 3.5 years. Used to upgrade every half a year or so to the latest until some online gaming addicated me that made me did not want to waste time on that. My knowledge were also outdated.

So now I am looking at the Core 2 Duo Conroe series. It seems that people overclock the E6600 very well.

Question #1
Is E6600 having the highest overclocking ability among Conroe? If so, what's the average for it? I thought I saw lots of 3.5GHZ+, just need to confirm it.

My last upgrade over 3.5 years ago was to a Northwood [email protected] with 1GB Dual Channel DDR. My score of PCmark2002 was around or almost 8k points on CPU, and 10000+ on memory. I know there are new verisons of PCmark and the 2k2 was discounted, but I still like the 2k2 better. And you still can run it and then post the screenshot of the score.
So
Question #2
Could anyone with these Conroe please post their score with PCmark2002 on screenshot please? Please demonstrate to me how much behind my system is now. :)

What I find is that most e6400, e6600, and e6700 coverclock about the same. My cpu pretty much maxes out at 3.5, this is a high average for a core 2 duo. The thing is, the e6300 and e6400 have half the cache so pretty much if you OC both an e6600 and e6400, the e6400 would have to be about 200mhz faster than the other to reach its performance level. Most people go with the e6600. If you want the highest percentage overclock...get tha e6300 or e6400, if you just want the fastest cpu possible, get the e6600. If you do, may I suggest buying a P5W DH with that?

thx for the fast reply

I am looking for the best performance. So yes I guess E6600 is the one to go. But still, I'd like to see the difference in PCmark2002 score first. :p Upgrade is necessary only if the difference is quite big. Another reason for I perfering 2k2 is, the newer one wouldn't finish testing and give me a score for some reason, so I can't compare with that.

as for motherboard I have a seperated thread with different questions under motherboard section
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=480459

enz660 said:
What I find is that most e6400, e6600, and e6700 coverclock about the same. My cpu pretty much maxes out at 3.5, this is a high average for a core 2 duo. The thing is, the e6300 and e6400 have half the cache so pretty much if you OC both an e6600 and e6400, the e6400 would have to be about 200mhz faster than the other to reach its performance level. Most people go with the e6600. If you want the highest percentage overclock...get tha e6300 or e6400, if you just want the fastest cpu possible, get the e6600. If you do, may I suggest buying a P5W DH with that?

3.4-3.6 is about the average high clock, low Vcore about 3.2.

How high they clock is dependent on how hard your willing to push Vcore and temps.

As far as needing an aditional 200mhz on an allendale to = a conroe, I have ablsolutely no idea what application that would apply to, maybe superpi and I don't know about anyone else but superpi isnt something Ive ever done before finding OcF :p

And as for what motherboard to get for a E6600, 975X Abit max or fatailty or the Asus 64-WS-Pro. Any of wich have better FSB then the DH.

greenmaji said:
3.4-3.6 is about the average high clock, low Vcore about 3.2.

How high they clock is dependent on how hard your willing to push Vcore and temps.

As far as needing an aditional 200mhz on an allendale to = a conroe, I have ablsolutely no idea what application that would apply to, maybe superpi and I don't know about anyone else but superpi isnt something Ive ever done before finding OcF :p

And as for what motherboard to get for a E6600, 975X Abit max or fatailty or the Asus 64-WS-Pro. Any of wich have better FSB then the DH.
He may get the asus P5B too if no dual gpu needed :)

Dragon Heart said:
He may get the asus P5B too if no dual gpu needed :)

If you have a 9 multi you dont need to go 965P for the extra FSB unless you plan on running phase or benching dry ice, cascade or LN2, and the 975X has better memory performance.

Your PCmark2002 score sir...
pcmark2002io3.jpg

Thats while my cpu is at 3.5ghz, ram is at ddr2 778, that score is before a much needed reboot too.

, the reason you arent getting a score with the new version is the same reason I never run PC marks your Windows setup has to be prety much stock you cant turn off shadows and stuff like that. Now if you want somthing to compare with dl Superpi your northwood prob does what 40-50 sec for a 1m run thse C2d are pulling liek 15 sec , Turst us when we said the jump frm your current pc to a c2d is big. i bet a 1.8ghz conroe would destory your current pc

thx for the screenshot.

So the CPU score is like 60% more,
That memory score looks scary lol...over 4x.

At least I am not much behind in HD score :D I got better when I was using raid 0.

Back