• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using GIMP to capture outline?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

I wanted to start using GIMP for my web comic, because I have to go through many steps as it is now and thought there has to be a better way! I also want to add color and such so here is my question...

I draw my comic in pencil first, then outline using an ink pen. Once that is done I erase the pencil and scan the image into the computer. So what I have is just the outline of the artwork. What I would like to do from there is use GIMP to grab the outline and place it on a transparent layer, so then I can put a background behind it, and color in the highlighted areas of the outlines and such. I am totally new to GIMP and have never used photoshop, since I cannot afford photoshop I went with GIMP and need a little assistance. How the heck do I do this? Hehe.

Thanks in advance!

Back