• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quake4 res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

I decided to give quake 4 another romp on the new LCD I bought, I enjoyed the game alot and wanted to play it in widescreen.

I was trying to set a WS res but it only has a option for aspect ratio, and I cant find a config file like in fear to set my res at 1680x1050, does anyone know how?

In the console:

/r_mode -1

/r_customwidth 1680
/r_customheight 1050

/vid_restart

give that a try.

Or you could patch the game upto 1.3 i believe its gives you more res options, plus the patch helps performance alot.

If you have Quake 4 patched to anything v1.2 or higher, widescreen resolutions have become built-in.

The Screen Size setting will only display resolutions supported by Windows and your hardware.

Attachments

• shot00006.jpg
    shot00006.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 100
haha I got it now, has widescreen and the dual core support.

Thanks dudes, gonna rip this game on my new widescreen and x1900

I didnt realise there was a framerate cap, have you got V-sync turned on?

The Doom 3 engine has a 60FPS cap. There are workarounds to getting higher than that, but supposingly it just rerenders identical frames, so you gain nothing but a bigger number in your FPS counter.

leave vsync on. It prevents the frames from getting chopped up looking. I have seen this on quite a few machines that are fully capabale of running the game maxed out and in both quake 4 and D3 when Vsync is turned off, you can see lines across the screen where I'm not sure but it seems like multiple frames are trying to be rendered at the same time and you get this visual tear line across the screen separating the two frames. Turning Vsync fixes this and in my opinion keeps the visuals running smoothly.

Back