• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k8v-x se, mem timing options not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

I recently played with a sempron 3300+ and a k8v-x se board caseless, fooling with overclocks and running memtest / ubuntu / kubuntu (and even installing kubuntu on an old hard drive I had lying around), but one thing is really baffling me.

No matter what I set the memory timings to in bios (after toggling off 'auto' for all the parameters and choosing my own from the newly-augmented menu) they revert back to something like 2.5-7-7-15 on next boot. I'd run memtest and there it would be, 2.5-7-7-15. I'd use memtest's advanced options to change the timings to 2-3-3-6 (or 3-3-3-6 if I was running the memory fast) and memtest's bandwidth display would jump accordingly to a new higher value. However, manually setting the timings via memtest didn't save them in bios, and manually setting them in bios doesn't do any good either.

I'm really considering tearing apart my main rig (p4 2.4c 250x12 1:1) and installing this board and the sempron, since the sempron appears to be able to take a 25% OC, but this is really bugging me.

What's going on?

Back