• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Setup Pics!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragoon42

I gotta see if I can clean up the pics a bit. I used my camera phone. Anyways, finally setup my:

PA160
Socket A White Water Block
DD Maze4 GPU
50z Pump

How the heck can I tell what my temps are for my vid card (radeon 9800)?

Been running for 3 hours, asus probe has cpu temp ~25C :)

PICS!!!

All the parts:
DSC00308.jpg

Hooking up Radiator to AC Vent:
DSC00310.jpg

Leak Testing, btw is that zerex supposed to be purplish looking like that? (90distilled/10zerex):
DSC00315.jpg

I putting everything back into my case now. I prefilled everything and just stuck the entire loop through the bottom of the case:
DSC00316.jpg

If you're wondering how I stuck it through, here is how:
DSC00317.jpg

This is everything hooked up:
DSC00318.jpg

Computer pushed in front of the rad, and this is what the back looks like:
DSC00319.jpg

Does your A/C run all the time?
If not you will need some sort of air flow when the A/C is not on.
Got to love the Stacker for the room and flexibility, plus an open pwer supply bay to drop your loop through. Looks good.

RIG RIDER said:
Does your A/C run all the time?
If not you will need some sort of air flow when the A/C is not on.
Got to love the Stacker for the room and flexibility, plus an open pwer supply bay to drop your loop through. Looks good.

it runs almost 24/7. I might attach the shroud on to it, and use a panaflo m1a. I just need an extension cord so I can hook it up to my fan controller. That thing is beastly loud @ 12v

Almost 24/7 proably won't cut it. When the fan shuts off you won't have any flow over your rad.

I have four large heater cores in my computer. I shut off the fan and in 20mins that water warmed up 5 degrees.

If your AC is off for an hour your computer might overheat

zebkoolindc said:
Almost 24/7 proably won't cut it. When the fan shuts off you won't have any flow over your rad.

I have four large heater cores in my computer. I shut off the fan and in 20mins that water warmed up 5 degrees.

If your AC is off for an hour your computer might overheat

The highest i've seen it go is 32c. Then again, I can't check temps during the games. I'm using asusprobe. 31c now :). When the AC hits, i've seen this thing go as low 25c

Are you in Australia or something, b/c around these parts it is getting colder, so the heat is more likely to be coming out than A/C.

Cool setup. Probably coulda routed the tubes cleaner.

I would personally go

pump->cpu->rad->gpu->pump

or

pump->cpu->gpu->rad->pump

You look like you're using far much more tubing then you need.

Also, i'd put a 120mm fan sucking through the rad (take that sanyo out of your case and put it on the rad :p)

There is a little L shaped bracket that holds your rad in place....

Did you drill a hole in your rad to fit that L shaped bracket?

I dont dare drill my rad im so afraid it will spring a leak

That's looking really good.

The radiator mounting is okay, just make sure some air is running (preferably cold). I do like that zerex too, very nice color, I'll keep it in mind for my next project.

J-Mag said:
Are you in Australia or something, b/c around these parts it is getting colder, so the heat is more likely to be coming out than A/C.

No I live in Alabama. Close enough :). I keep the house 73f year round.

SolidxSnake said:
Cool setup. Probably coulda routed the tubes cleaner.

I would personally go

pump->cpu->rad->gpu->pump

or

pump->cpu->gpu->rad->pump

You look like you're using far much more tubing then you need.

Also, i'd put a 120mm fan sucking through the rad (take that sanyo out of your case and put it on the rad :p)

I debated this for awhile. But figured i'd try this one out, and then when I upgrade, i'm gonna change it to: Pump->cpu->gpu->rad->pump

wun911 said:

No :) The thermochills have holes on both sides for the shrouds. I just bought an L bracket, and used a regular case fan screw to hold it.

Seven said:
That's looking really good.

The radiator mounting is okay, just make sure some air is running (preferably cold). I do like that zerex too, very nice color, I'll keep it in mind for my next project.

That's the first time I used zerex. I didn't put any dye or anything in it. I was wondering if that's the right color? (I just ordered it of the cool technica website). I'm attaching the shroud and panaflow fans on there. I went to the comp store by my house and they were sold out of the 3pin extensions. Gotta wait till tomorrow.

It's pretty much a steady 31c all day :)

Dragoon42 said:
No I live in Alabama. Close enough :). I keep the house 73f year round.

OK well if it is 50f outside, then your vent will be pushing out heat and vent area will always have the highest temp in the house when you are running your heater. Essentially, it is not a good idea and would only be useful for mounting during the summer.

wun911 said:

When I first got my watercooling system, my fans didn't have a shelf to simply put a short screw in for attachment. They had long tubes connecting both sides of the fan for some reason. So I grabbed a long screw and threaded the fan to the radiator through the top. The screw wound up being far too long and my radiator wound up LEAKING all over the floor of the computer! :eek: I was totally bummed out. It was a GT240 Stealth radiator, which isn't the cheapest. I wasn't looking forward to buying a new radiator (even a heatercore), so I grabbed some qwick cure JB weld and slathered it all over the area in the fins where the leak came from, which was under one of the mounting shelves for a fan on the radiator. It fixed it!

Back