• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal increase?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trent

I recently migrated a 3000+ winchester to my second box and tossed an fx55 in the main rig. Basically the 3000+ was running [email protected], the new fx55 is sitting at 3gig, 1.5vcore. Basically Ive reset the sink a few times because Im second guessing myself, but idle temps are about 36c and load right at 50c. It bothers me a little I guess because the old chip idled at 30c and loaded at 36-38c. I guess is the 800mhz, core change(sandiego), and .1v increase in vcore the resulting of the increase in temps or could the sink be sitting wrong? xp90, non copper and a enermax adjustable fan running on high is the cooling. The only change between the previous setup and the new one is the cpu. Most likely Im just being paranoid and the temp increase is because of the higher clocks/vcore.

wow, *wall of text crits you for 5000*

ya, an increase in voltage will do that even a small one like 0.1v. the desktop in my sig raises roughly 2c for every 0.02v i raise it. multiply that by 5 and i get the same increase that you did. I would say it ok, and as long as it doesn't get above 60c it should be alright.

I guess it just bothered me because Ive been so used to sub 40c load temps for a while now, and then to see 49-52 it was an eye opener.

ya, happened to me to. had liquid cooling, but then moved to switzerland into a rented house. parents didn't want to risk a coolant leak on white carpet, so picked up a cheap AC freezer 64 until i could get something better and got a ~15c temperature rise.

Back