• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AtiTool Stuck!! Please Help!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaciFIST69

I was tweaking my x1900xtx trying to get some extra fps before a tournament and I accidentally set the wrong profile (clocks too high) in atitool to load on startup. :bang head Now as soon as windows loads, the computer crashes, so I can't get to AtiTool. Is there any way to keep atitool from loading this profile or someway to fix this? I read these forums so I figured you guys would know if anyone would. Please help, I've got a tournament in like 4 hours!!

boot into safe mode, ditch atitool and the drivers, reinstall your drivers and just start by maxing out overdrive, see if your card will do that first.

Atitool sucks BTW

Lol, this happened to me once. I had it set at like 700/850 with 2d volts. yeah, boot into safe made and delete the profile, but no need to totally uninstall your drivers.

Thanks... that fixed it. I'd maxed out CCC so I was trying for some extra clocks with atitool. The 3dview in atitool crashes my computer even at known good overclocks (yes I disabled hotkey poller), so I have to use 3dmark to check for stability. I was irritated because of this, and I bit off a bit more than the card could chew and (in a completely brainless moment) told atitool to load a new oc on startup. Thanks for fixing my stupidity :santa:

sometimes the services for ati will be borked cuz of atitool, thats the only reason I recommended reinstalling the driver. If your certain your 2d/3d clock switch is intact then there is no need.

i believe if you hold alt while the machine is starting it will boot into the default profile. Also, you should look into the 3d detection feature which dynamically clocks the card much like the ati service (so you don't waste energy while browsing the web or whatever).

Won the FEAR tournament :cool: Won a 512mb usb flash which... I don't need. Oh well, it was fun.

Rattle, what do you use in place of atitool?

Back